PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Who wears a BRA?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:22 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Who wears a BRA?

I mean on the front of your car silly. I think it would help on road chips, but I'm not sure if I like the look of a Bra. Who has one, and do you like it? Do you leave it on all the time? (man this sounds personal) better stop here. Gary
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

I have the full frontal nose bra that Chrysler sells forthe PT. I only use it for long trips up to Maryland (886 miles one way) to see the grandkids and I used it to go to Niagara Falls for CTFIII. If it gets wet I take it off, and even if it doesn't, I still take it off when I reach my destination. Once you exchange 8 screws for the clips provided with the bra, it only takes about 2 minutes to put on and take off both parts of the bra.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I use the Mopar Bra. It just snaps on and off. Use it often since I do a lot of freeway/highway driving but take it off when I get home. Just lightly spray the nap with either vinyl protectant, like 303 Aerospace Protectant, or a quick detailer spray. That will basically help prevent water moisture from accumulating and possibly fogging your finish or getting under the clearcoat. Of course if it is raining, you need to remove the bra asap or at least when you get home or at your place of work.

Another alternative that is popular with BMW, Porsche, Corvette, MB's etc, is applying/installing a clear bra. It's a 3M 8 mil clear-coated urethane paint protection film, sold under different names like Invisible Shield, Clear Mask, Transparent Bra, etc. There are different levels of protection available (besides the front end)that may include covering/protecting your mirrors, lower rear quarter panels, headlights, etc. Not noticible until you get up close and can be washed and waxed. Many owners swear by the film and say paint chipping from rocks, etc. while driving is almost non-existant. Most have used the film on their other cars through the years without any problems. Professional installation is recommended.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

No I like the freedom of going natural! :-)
Old 18 Aug 2003, 01:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

I think bra's look ugly on PT's and anything else I've seen them on! I'll gladly touch up the hood thank-you!
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 06:04 pm
Young Cruiser

I have the Mopar bras for both my PT and Town & Country (both 2002)and both are exact fits. Just replace a few screws in the wheel well and the front for snaps and it's a breeze. I leave mine on the van all the time. I had one on my last town & country for five years and only took it off twice. When I sold it I took it off and was afraid that the paint would have faded, but it didn't. Water does NOT hurt it. I dress it monthly with Armor all.

I will only use the PT bra for when I am towing it. Yes I'm converting 2coolPT to a TOAD!! But I will still show it. The mounts look like 50 cal machine guns extending about 3" from the opening next to the fog lights. I havent't mounted it yet but a friend of mine has his in and it is cool looking. You wouldn't know that it was for a towbar.

Dave <><