PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what do you do?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2003, 11:53 am
Cool Cruiser

Default what do you do?

It seems the drivers of PT's are very diverse.
What do you do for a living and if you are retired, what did you do.

I deal with Home Builders and contractors at the Pro-desk for Home Depot.
I've been in this business for about 10 years, first with Lowes Home Improvement Centers.

How about you.

[^]still buildin'
Old 31 Aug 2003, 01:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i work as in install & repair tech for verizon
Old 31 Aug 2003, 01:59 pm
Young Cruiser

I own a small tool and die shop (3 guys)
2003 GT Silver, factory flames, pinstripes, BTG duals, stage 1, 3 silencers removed, K&N dropin, Suspension Techniques sways, BTG strut brace, 17X8 Sport Edition wheels, Yokohama 245-40 AVS ES100 tires, RED calipers, Hidden Hitch
Old 31 Aug 2003, 02:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I retired (quit) my job as a heavy equipment mechanic after 23 years at the age of 45. My true love is teaching martial arts. I now own and operate an academy of 250 students. We (me and 7 employees) are located in Longview, WA which is 45 miles north of Portland, OR.

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 31 Aug 2003, 02:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Graphic Artist, currently working for New York University.[:0]
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Enterprise Systems Enginner contracted to US Postal Service in Raleigh, NC
Old 31 Aug 2003, 05:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

I work as a VP/Operations for a Display and Graphics company. Live in Wilmington, NC. My cruiser is an '02 Patriot Blue Classic Edition. Have added 16" Prime chrome wheels, Continental extreme contact tires, mud flaps, color keyed & logo floor mats, K&N drop in filter, power door locks with remote, Weatherguard vent visors and most recently a Sirius satelite radio.
Enjoy my PT a lot. It's not fast, but looks like it is.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 08:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Cable splicer for Verizon,
Hey Bob, do you miss you "vacation" that was scheduled for 8-2-03, we drove from MD to Boston to visit my sister and her new baby on saturday morning, turned around and had to come home sunday[xx(][xx(][xx(], I was really expecting to have some time off[:0]
Tom
Old 31 Aug 2003, 09:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

RETIRED !!! [8D]

4 years active Navy, 17 years active Navy Reserve. 32 years with the National Security Agency (NSA, Ft. Meade, Maryland). Spend my time now between my 4 car clubs and volunteering with the Sheriff's Dept and the local Police Dept in the neighboring towns.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 09:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I retired in 1995 due to medical disability.
I was servicing computers on a government contract that maintained over 6000 line items, and had been doing so for a few years.

I have also worked at the retail level in a major computer chain, been Service Manager for IBM, Apple, Compaq warranty and service at the same store, while also wearing the hats of Systems Engineer and Novell CNE.

I have independently contracted for computer repair, installation and communications systems, and operated a DOS-Based (dial-up) Bulletin Board System (BBS) from the mid 80s until the mid 90s (when the Internet became popular).

My jobs were computer oriented from the mid 80s to the 1995.

Before that, I have worked in the automotive field at the port level in A/C installation, Yard Utility, Ship Discharge. At the time they went out of business, I was in charge of Parts and Warranty MIS at the local port for Yugo of America (everybody have a good laugh now).

At other points in my life I have been in Automotive Service (tune-ups, cruise controls, car stereo, front-end repair, exhaust, tires, batteries and charging systems), Sales (stereo, appliance, electonics), Parts (auto and motorcycle), Motorcycle assembly and prep fopr sale for local Honda dealer, purchasing (industrial and retail), hotel-motel-resturant (management, audit, dishwasher, waiter, cook and prep), grocery (bagboy, floor maintenance, produce, stocking, cashier, bakery etc.) and last but not least I had one acting job in a lead-supporting movie role.

While in college, I worked lights and sound for the college theatrical group, while maintaining the Carbon-Arc Spotlights used for concerts and touring shows. During this time, I had the opportunity to work with some of the larger groups and off broadway shows of the early to mid 70s, as I was also in charge of providing operators to work the groups and shows that the college booked.

I could have had a better retirement if I had worked at the same place for 30 years, but would have a lot less stories to tell and a lot less experience in other fields.

My 2002 Touring edition was the first new car I ever bought (late 2001) at age 48. I purchased my 2003 GT (early 2003) a few months before my 50th year. Life is good... (I am also known for writing long replies)
Closed Thread