PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Proof is on the pad>

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2003, 10:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Proof is on the pad>

Hi gang, Today in my shop I got a BMW late model with fine scratches all throughout the finish. (dark blue) I asked the owner when and what was done to the car as far as detailing goes. He says a few weeks ago a major car wash facility had a special of $29.95 on a quick wax. Well, I said, thats what you got, a quick wax and scratch. Many times we all get busy, and we do what is convenient which is what this man did. What he didn't bargain for is they made his car worse for his 29 bucks. I always talk about the prep work in my detail clinics, as being the most important step in car care. When you just wash your car (like our friend) and proceed to wax, you are most likely damaging your finish. Because you didn't remove all the comtaminants. Here is a test: Next time you wax or seal your car, look at the applicator pad, is the pad picking up dirt, particles or changing color? if so, you didn't prep properly. The best results occurs when you are finishing the last step, and the pad looks as new when you are done as when you started out. For more information, or to ask specific questions about your car, go to my web site. www.perfectautofinish.com Gary
Old 04 Sep 2003, 12:47 am
Cool Cruiser

I've only used touchless car washes for that exact reason. How can you tell a quality car wash from a "scratch waiting to happen"?
Blanes HoodStruts
etc.
Old 04 Sep 2003, 09:40 am
Dedicated Cruiser

zzz, going to a touchless wash is a good start, in my climate when it gets cold, car washes with brushes (soft of otherwise) will act like sandpaper. Another thing people don''t think about is the water. Does your place have fresh? filtered? or recycled water? many places use recycled water so the guy ahead of you, all his dirty water that falls in the pit, is going back on your car. I found only two in my area that uses fresh. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

alot of car washes use recycled water[:0] they usually have a sign saying it i think ??
Closed Thread