PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
my personal drive experience

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2003, 09:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default my personal drive experience

[8)] just wanted to give everyone my personal drive experience on my 1st road trip...I left florida on 8-22 drove to nc and than on to nj on the 23rd... my experience was wonderful.... I had a great drive no problems with my cruiser... 1. the ac worked very well ... infact it was so cold I had to move the air to low and even moved the ac control to half way to the heat section... and it was still very comfortable (outside air registered 92 degrees or higher) 2nd the seats are great... the driver seat is very comfortable on long trips... excellent pading and very good lumbar support... thanks to the manual support on the dirver seat... I did find that the seat is just a little short for me (6') so I found that if I used the automatic seat and raised it up higher it was actually more comfortable ride... at least for me... however I did find the seatbelts to be uncomfortable they seamed to pull tight across my legs... 3rd there was no excess wind noise with the windows closed but I did find the "wind tunnel" noise to be very load with any of the windows or sun roof open... 4th the gas milage was what the sticker said 19-20 city & 24-25 highway... 5 no problems at all doing 75-80 or higher it handled the road very well... and had good pickup (even when starting out w/the ac on high)... overall I had a great trip and look forward to my next cruize... thanx for listening...
daniel (ptcruizerman)
Old 06 Sep 2003, 10:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Daniel,

I take about 4 trips a year from Florida to Maryland (886 miles one way) and I agree 100% with your post. Wife and I drive the whole way (13 hours) only stopping for gas and neither of us have any complaints after driving numerous hours. I just past 50,000 miles and and only had one problem (power steering pump) covered under warranty. It's a great car.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Sep 2003, 12:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

sounds like a great trip!! glad you enjoyed it!!
Old 07 Sep 2003, 03:05 am
Cool Cruiser

I live in the Tampa bay area and had 2 large road trips this year, one to "Cruise the Falls 3" in Ontario Canada with stops in NC, and Long Island NY. The other was to Colorado Springs, Colorado. No problems with the car at all, zero, nada. Very comfortable to drive and the biggest improvement I could tell you to have (if you don't already) is Satellite radio. Even out in the middle of Kansas, with nothing in view, except grass, cows and the road as far as the eye could see, we still were listening to whatever kind of music, news, etc... that we wanted!!!

Scott
Old 07 Sep 2003, 12:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for stopping in NC...we can use all the tourist $ we can get.
Old 07 Sep 2003, 02:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Not a tourist, my Dad lives there!!!

Scott
Old 07 Sep 2003, 04:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Daniel;
I agree with all of your post except the seat belt issue you had. My wife and I just completed a 4 day cruise to the mountains of NC. The cruiser did very well in the mountains as well as on the flat lands. We went to Asheville, Cherokee, Mt. Pisgah, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. One thing we did on the trip was to count the number of PT Cruisers we saw on the road. We totaled 76. Hope they were all having as much fun as we did.
TonyJavascript:insertsmilie('%5B%5D')
Old 08 Sep 2003, 11:36 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

[8)] just wanted to give everyone my personal drive experience on my 1st road trip...I left florida on 8-22 drove to nc and than on to nj on the 23rd... my experience was wonderful.... I had a great drive no problems with my cruiser... 1. the ac worked very well ... infact it was so cold I had to move the air to low and even moved the ac control to half way to the heat section... and it was still very comfortable (outside air registered 92 degrees or higher) 2nd the seats are great... the driver seat is very comfortable on long trips... excellent pading and very good lumbar support... thanks to the manual support on the dirver seat... I did find that the seat is just a little short for me (6') so I found that if I used the automatic seat and raised it up higher it was actually more comfortable ride... at least for me... however I did find the seatbelts to be uncomfortable they seamed to pull tight across my legs... 3rd there was no excess wind noise with the windows closed but I did find the "wind tunnel" noise to be very load with any of the windows or sun roof open... 4th the gas milage was what the sticker said 19-20 city & 24-25 highway... 5 no problems at all doing 75-80 or higher it handled the road very well... and had good pickup (even when starting out w/the ac on high)... overall I had a great trip and look forward to my next cruize... thanx for listening...
daniel (ptcruizerman)
[:I]I ALSO JUST RETURNED FROM A TRIP TO N.C. OCEAN ISLE BEACH. THE RIDE WAS SO RUFF, CAR SHIMMIES. tRIED SITTING IN BACKTO NAP RIDE WAS TERRIBLE.ANY SUGGESTIONS? ALSO MADE A THUMPIMG NOISE. I HOPE IT SOMETHING SIMPLE LIKE TIRES AND ALIGNMENT.I HAD LOOKED FORWARD TO A ROADTRIP IN MY CRUISER , 2001.
Old 08 Sep 2003, 07:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Kim,
How many miles on your cruiser? For a thump and shimmy I would definately check tires. If you don't rotate them regularly you can get uneven wear and your tires will not last as long. The thump and shimmy both would lead me to think about checking the balance as well as the wear. My cruiser rides very nice. I have the Continental Extreme contact tires on. Good ride, good traction and relatively quiet.
Get them checked soon.
Tony
Old 08 Sep 2003, 09:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

kim,
I agree with ttomes (tony) get your tires and wheels checked balanced and rotated. good luck
ptcruizerman (daniel)