Old 08 Sep 2003, 11:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default pay sites/clubs

anyone recomend a good pay site/club.

whats the content like etc....

Punch
Old 08 Sep 2003, 11:34 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

All the national clubs cost somewhere around $30/year. I joined PTCC a month or so before getting my PTC-GT. They have lots of good information on their website ( http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/) including PTCC Discussion Forums and many active local club chapters. I have no regrets at all about becoming a member. [8D]
Old 08 Sep 2003, 11:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

thank you, anyone else have anything to add?
Old 09 Sep 2003, 12:06 am
Young Cruiser

I used to be a member of a few pay pt clubs. I think it's a big waste of money. You can find all the info and discounts and fun on sites like this one (pt links), and you can go to all the events without being a paid member. just my 2 cents.
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:43 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I agree, I posted something on one of the paid forums which also has a public section (how different can the discussions be?) about the fact Chicago was looking for Cruisers to join our Club, and I got a BIG notice on my computer, saying my comment was BANNED! the person running it was less than friendly about it to me. I simply told him we just want to have a group of people that love our cars, meet every so often, sounds innocent to me., I think he thought I was trying to steal his members away from the fourm. PLEASE, GIVE ME BREAK. also , my 2 cents, Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 09 Sep 2003, 10:55 am
Regular Cruiser

Punch, Both of the National clubs have website that offer both public and member forums. IMHO, the public sides are frequently used much greater by both members and non-members ("guests")...and the member forums go largely unused. The National clubs do offer some discounts on events and they facilitate the organization of those events by lending their name recognition as hosts and website publicity. Most regional events are created by local or state directors of these two National clubs....although there are exceptions (exceptional exceptions!). Your choice of which club you join is a personal choice that only you can make...I suggest you first join a LOCAL club as that is where the action is, and if that club has alot of members who are also members of a National club, you'd probaly be wise to go with the flow.
Personally, I'm currently a member of the Chrysler PT Cruiser Owners Club and a state director. I'm an ex-member/ex-director of the other club which I still have respect for.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 06:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Local clubs seem to care more about the members than the national clubs do. I used to belong to both National Clubs, and was a director for one of them, but formed an Arizona club after numerous complaints and problems. We have members from all over the US now and we have fun. I work very hard to ensure that the members are satisfied with their membership. It's a lot of work but well worth it.

oops..i think i gave my 3 cents worth
Old 11 Sep 2003, 08:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

here in staten island, new york we have a club www.richmondcountymopars.com we are looking for pt's to join also we put on a dealership show twice a year and take part in a weekly cruise nite and attend shows in new jersey alot so anyone interested you can join us look at the web site
Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:25 am
Regular Cruiser

I have one of the very first cruisers and have been around the cruiser community for quite awhile and seen most of the changes and trends in clubs and forums. I have been a paid member of PTCC for over three and a half years, and in my opinion I have gotten way more than my money's worth by being a paid member there, and I also participate in a local independent club. The PTCC website and club is the oldest and original club, and has the most members. The website is easy to navigate, enjoyable, and has a ton of good information on it. The chatroom is an absolute blast with lots of participation every day, usually in the evening. A cruiser friend is always just a chat away at PTCC. I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life as I have in the PTCC chatroom sometimes. Cheap entertainment at ANY price! That alone has been worth the fee, and I have made more expensive fashion mistakes. The technical info is excellent there, and the PTCC cruiser club or affiliate club events are excellent and not out to "profit" or make a buck off of you, or "force" you into paying to join with higher fees for events for club members. I think PTCC provides the best value and great friends all over the country and world while still allowing you to have fun with your local friends, too. And on the PTCC forum, you will NOT be dissed by the administrator for starting a local club, or banned for expressing an honest opinion. The national paid clubs are not all the same, and PTCC is a good value in my opinion.[^]
Old 12 Sep 2003, 11:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Now I'm starting to see what the deal is, without sending out bad feedback on any club, I now see where to go, like said aboe, "without getting banned for having a local club" (PT#C yes) not brand X, Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Closed Thread