PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
how often do you wash & wax or (polish) your car??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2003, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default how often do you wash & wax or (polish) your car??

hello all, how often do you wash you car?? just curious, i try my best to have the always clean !! how about you??
Old 09 Sep 2003, 06:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hi Bob. Like you I always keep both my cars clean. If I have time at the moment I return home, I clean it then. If not, I'll be back later to the garage to wash or clean whatever got dirty when I was out. The wife's car, on the other hand, sits outside all the time and I only clean that about once a week
Old 09 Sep 2003, 07:08 pm
Young Cruiser

As long as I maintain a DAILY "handle" on it, Prudence stays showroom clean without frequent washing or waxing. Out of lack of time/energy, we allowed Prudence to get dirty and stay dirty for about a week after a rainy period recently....I couldn't stand it! I finally took a morning off and gave the car a proper bath to get her back in "daily care" shape.

Wife shakes her head every morning as I use the California Duster on the whole car, the Meguiar's Glass Wipes on the glass, and spritz the bug goop off the front end with the QuikDetailer and a microfiber before I'll let her back the car out of our little makeshift garage (I use the same routine after Prudence has cooled off in the evening, just before we slip the car cover on for the night). Once or twice a week, I'll take a wet terry-cloth towel and wipe out the wheel wells to get out the accumulation of white dust from our caleche driveway. Vaccuum the inside once a week, and place a fresh sheet of brown Kraft paper on the drivers side to shield from the dust that gets dragged in with your shoes....

This may all sound a little anal-retentive, but the car still smells new inside, and is still the shiniest car wherever we go. Even the service manager at the dealer couldn't believe a 2001 could still be in such pristine shape. Must admit, tho', it's sometimes a bit nerve-wracking to keep the car in "like-new" shape, but doing the "daily care" routine has definitely cut down on how often we actually have to wash the car.

beebs
Old 09 Sep 2003, 08:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

just to let ya know... I try to wash...wax and vacuum my '02 weekly... usually able to get it washed and vacuumed weekly... but waxing it is a different story.. that usually happens about every 3wks or so... they are so small (especially compared to my mazda B4000 truck that I had before my pt) that there fairly easy to keep clean and lookin' good...plus wha want's to drive a fab car like a pt that's dirty...
SHAME ON U...!!!!
ptcruizerman daniel
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

I wash every weekend and wax a section of the car (hood, top, door on one side etc)every time. That way I stay on top of the waxing. If I miss a weekend for some reason no big deal as I keep a pretty good coat going. Right now I am in the middle of claying it before I do my weekly section. The clay takes a little longer but when I am only doing the wax it doesn't add very much time to the procedure.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 10 Sep 2003, 12:15 am
Fanatic Cruiser

During this summer, I've been able to maintain the shine with a duster and detail spray. Now that the rain has started, I'll be washing weekly and waxing monthly. I use a very good soap that doesn't strip the wax, I use a blower to dry the car and microfibre to finish dry. Then I use detail spray. I use a water soluable spray on the tires and wheel wells. My 17 inch chrome wheels get Mothers wax and a wipe twice a week to get the brake dist off.

Also, I've found that the detail spray removes bugs easily if you spray and let it soak for a minute.

Overall, this sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't. I love the car and the way it shines. I use ZAINO but I plan on switching to Gary's sealer soon. THANKS GARY.

Steve

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 10 Sep 2003, 01:21 am
Young Cruiser

What I have discovered is that the PT, because of its design, seems to collect more bugs on the front end and windshield than other cars I have owned. The grill especially requires extra work to keep clean[:I]. I use bug wipes first and then Blue Coral soap. I have sealed the paint with MoPar sealant so it cleans up fairly easy. I try to wash it at least once a week - more often if it needs it.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 02:12 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

EVERYONE GETS AN A+ WHO POSTED HERE ON CAR CARE! I CAN USE AN ASSISTANT! TOO MANY CARS, TOO LITTLE TIME.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 11 Sep 2003, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i wish i was closer gary, i would help you out , love detailing cars myself!!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 05:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hello bob thanks for asking i wash my cruiser 1 a week unless i have a show,then its more. As for waxing i zaino it 1 a month, i have a show.[8)]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Closed Thread