Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anyone ever install fog lights??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default anyone ever install fog lights??

hello all, has anyone ever installed the stock fog lights on a pt that didn't come with them?? my wifes 02 doesnt have them but i would like to install them would it be a pain in the ass??
Old 16 Sep 2003, 06:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey Bob -

I work for Hella,specifically with aftermarket lights, including fog lamps.I do a lot of technical stuff over the phone.E-mail me at jack.hilton@hellausa.com and we'll get you lined out.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 16 Sep 2003, 08:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

thanks jack!! will do when im ready
Old 17 Sep 2003, 12:23 am
Regular Cruiser

Have you checked http://www.ptdiy.net ? Search in the GUIDES.

2009 White-Chocolate Platinum model F150 Supercrew 4X4
Old 19 Sep 2003, 01:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

I insalled them in my 01 PT. I now have a 03 GT . I got a kit from the dealer for like $104 which was factory. It came with the lamps , complete turnsignal assembly and the wiring harness. My wiring harness was already there. So I just added the fog lamps and the turnsignal assembly. It was not a bad job . I would say moderate. Dont go after market. For that price and they are built right into your turn signal which has the fog lamp conrol on the end of it plus it shows they are on in the dash. It would be dumb to go after market when you can get the factory setup so cheap and have it all in corporated into the system so slick.
I was real happy with the factory setup. I dont think you could do a good after market hardly that cheap.
Flash
Black 03 GT , stage 1, blow off valve mod., AMX tube, K&N filter, cold air to fender, axle back stainless steel exhaust, sceamin demon coil,Mopar HP plug wires with NGK plugs. rear spoiler, chrome-grill-speers-gas cover, plus 04 interior upgrades.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 11:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i am going with the stock ones
Old 19 Sep 2003, 04:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

I had the OEM lights put onto my PT after the fact. I had wiring in the lower grill with plugs & everything but nothing under the steering column or in the fuse box and I never could figure out where the wires under the lower grill terminated. I had someone help with the install since my hands are too big to fit in the area between the cabin & firewall to install the harness that came with the fog lights.

2003 Classic Edition, 5-speed with 7-ball shift knob, badges removed, dark tint, Borla split exit exhaust, short billett antenna, Nu-Image white-faced blue flamed gauges and 15\" American Racing Aero Wheels.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

How long or how much was installation? Did you have to remove the front bumper?
2002 Base, 5 speed, Airaid Intake, Borla Dual 2.5\", DRL, Aooga Horn, Hood Scoop, Booger Bushings, Harley Shift Knob, Mopar 5 Spoke Chrome Rims, red painted brake calipers & Drums, Kumho 711 225/50/16
Closed Thread