PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Its just car

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2003, 09:58 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Its just car

Well, not really. Many times I have to ground myself and ask why I get worked up over every little problem, as it relates to my Cruiser. My wife thinks I fell off the bridge. Do you find yourself thinking about your cruiser when you are at work, or doing something at home. I do. How can a car command so much of our focus and attention.? because it is different and we love it, plain and simple. Since my job demands perfection on every car I touch, the reality is perfection is something we can only strive for and seldom attain. The frustration sets in when we fall short of that goal. But that is life and why we come together here. Sharing the good, bad and the ugly in hope we can help each other solve a problem. Many of you have helped me do just that. I may be a little obcessed with my car, but I think all of us are that are here. That is why this forum is unique. We all have some form of expertise to provide, the kind e mails I get from those I now consider my friends inspire me to stay up late responding to people about car care. check out the non-pt section to find out what dropped in on me yesterday> Gary see ya, I have my work cut out for me today>
Old 03 Oct 2003, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i think about the car alot also , more in the way like did some idiot open his door into mine stuff like that
Old 03 Oct 2003, 08:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

As you know I also have a Corvette that I'm extremely proud of as I am with the Cruiser. Sometimes I go out into the garage, turn the stereo up and stand behind them or walk around both with a soft towel and look for tiny spots that I may have overlooked the last time I cleaned them. Both engine compartments are clean enough to eat off of and it takes a lot of time to keep them that way but I sure don't mind doing it. I really get a somber feeling when I wake up and it's raining and I have to go someplace and the wife has already made plans to use her car. Thankfully, down here in this part of Florida the roads aren't too dirty so the car gets wet but not completely filthy.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Oct 2003, 09:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

The first day I kept looking out my window at mine like...muahahaha! I have it!

Feel the same way everyday [^]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 03 Oct 2003, 10:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hey Gary

Wanted to join the "obsessed cruizer" list (haven't felt this way about a car since I had by '66 GTO). I think about my PT all the time. Am always looking for other cruizer's and trying to tell the different's in years. Heck that's just one of the things I like about them is that there all alike. Plus I think they are fun to drive and really nice to look at. After I wash and wax mine I'm like a new dad or a little kid that's obsessed with a new toy. But hey that's why we are here to talk and share stories... good or bad!

BTW Gary... If it ever stops raining here in fla I'm going to try your window cleaning formula... hopefully this weekend.

ptcruizerman
Daniel