PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Can you upgrade the windshield washer nozzles?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2003, 12:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Can you upgrade the windshield washer nozzles?

I'm curious if you can upgrade the OEM windshield washer nozzles.

Well, let me clarify...I know you can get the chrome ones and the LED ones, but what I'm talking about is upgrading the type/quality of the jets.

I HATE the two stream kinda nozzles we have now. No, I don't have any obstructions or anything in them, I'd just much rather have a fan-type spray or wider mist from the nozzles instead of the streams.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 09 Oct 2003, 12:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree with this post, I think they suck!
Old 09 Oct 2003, 03:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Interesting - I posted the same question on another PT forum some months ago. I completely agree. My son has a 99 Dodge Stratus and the washer nozzles on it are great, creating perfect coverage in a fan spray. I asked some mechanics about it and they basically said to just try it and see. The nozzles look almost identical.

I haven't had the courage or time to try it. I'm very interested to know if someone else succeeds because I, too, think the stock washers are pathetic.
Old 09 Oct 2003, 03:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

There are aftermarket nozzles that I have seen for other cars, mostly euros if I remember corredtly, that are adjustable sprayers. Not sure how they would adapt. I would just start googling.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 09 Oct 2003, 07:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I relocated my washers, but before I did I needed to find some washers that were very adjustable. These are Mycarr washer nozles. (available from www.midnightmoose.com) They do have the LEDs in them, but the sprayers are very wide dispersion and the nozzles are adjustable up-down-left or right. An adjustment tool is in the package. I must warn you though. These will dribble on the hood every bit as much as the stock nozzles do. Thats why I relocated them on the cowl under the hood.

Alan [}]
Old 09 Oct 2003, 11:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

I agree with this post .... they are the worst... question for gear head what did you use to fill the space from the original postion? can you just chance the washers without moving them?
thanx
ptcruizerman
daniel
Old 09 Oct 2003, 11:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You can leave the original washer nozzles on the hood. I wanted the blue LEDs so I bought 2 sets of mycarr washers. Mounted 1 set on the hood & wired up the LEDs. I removed the LEDs from the second set and mounted them under the hood on the cowl assy.

Alan [}]
Old 10 Oct 2003, 05:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Mark1

Any nozle should fit. They are not threaded in they just clip from the back, and the hose just pushes on. The hardest part of switching them is moving ( or removing ) the hood liner.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:10 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks everyone... I am going to check into replacing mine...
ptcruizerman
daniel
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks gang; I apologize for not replying sooner - I was out of town for the weekend. I appreciate all the info. I didn't realize that the nozzles could be universal. I'll check some out and post my findings.

Have a great one! [^]

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe
Closed Thread