PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt cruisers on a train car!! gotta read this !!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2003, 08:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default pt cruisers on a train car!! gotta read this !!

hello all, well i was at the bait store here in staten island , new york getting bait to go fishing, well this guy also sells lionel & mth trains which has also been a hobby of mine since i can't remember when , well im looking at all the different cars he has and what do i see !!and flat car with two inferno red pt's on it!! well i have my bait for fishing and i have my new train car!! if anyone else is interested in one i think he has a few more email me at toyboxloft@aol.com they are 59.99 let me know c ya bob[8D]
Old 18 Oct 2003, 10:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Bob,

Not to bust your bubble, but wouldn't a regular Lionel flat car and a couple of 1/39 size PT's (the one's that were sold at Walgreens for $1 each) be just as good as, and less than half the price of that $60 item?

Here's a lionel flatcar with a CAT frontloader on eBay going right now for $15.50 with 16 hours left on the bidding.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Oh heavens, more model railroaders here. It's got me thinking that I just might have a Lionel flat car that I could put a couple of PT's on. I think we might have started something!
Old 19 Oct 2003, 04:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

hey crewzin, yes you could do that also, i just like finding something like this !! i was also told they never made the car either and boom there it was
Old 19 Oct 2003, 04:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

any of you other train nuts know that back in the 80's that lionel made 3 different sets of o gauage mopar sets ?? you can find them from time to time on ebay
Old 19 Oct 2003, 08:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Bob,

To get the photo I put in my post, I went to Google search and put in "LIONEL FLATCAR" and there were dozens of sites with almost everything Lionel has..I searched for awhile but the PT Car that you have never came up...must be really new.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 08:19 am
Cool Cruiser

There is a Santa Fe flatcar with two red PT's in the MTH 2003 VOL.1 catalog. It is item number 20-98190 and lists for 59.95. For anyone that doesn't know, most MTH products can be found at reduced street prices in the two "O" gauge magazines.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 09:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Bob,

Here's a picture from last week from a car show in New Jersey. The owners set up a train display and on the third car behind the engine is a flat car with 3 PT Cruisers on it. The train was in motion. I didn't take the pitures; credit goes to Turbo John and the show was the The American wheels Car Show held on Oct 12th.

Old 20 Oct 2003, 11:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Wow, that appears to be "S" Gauge. Guess I gotta go Toys R Us and see if I can find some PT's the right scale since we don't have a Walgreens here. Probably the 1/39th size would be close enough to our 1/48th as long as they fit the car ok.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 01:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi all,
Yes "Cruiserville" is our tailgate display. Won "Best Tailgate Display" at Wild Thang III!
The layout knocks down, folds up and packs away into 2 small boxes for traveling, runs off of the PT battery. The engine and tender has smoke and choo-choo sounds and is marked "Delaware Valley" for the Del Val PT Cruisers Club (www.delvalptcruisers.com). The box car is painted Patriot Blue with "TP's PT Buttons & Knobs" lettering.(our little side business) The flat car is Tangerine and modified to carry 3 PTs. No train is complete in my book without a caboose and in this case, an Inferno Red one!
Take notice, the cop is stopping the "ricer" from entering the town of Cruiserville!
We have taken the display to 4 shows now and it has been a hit with the kids, both young and old. It ran for 3 hours straight at Endless Summer, Ocean City, MD until the rains came.

Bob, I know you were a busy guy the day of your Acella Show, Too bad you didn't get a chance to see the layout, I had it up and running at the show.

Therents, good eye, yes the train is S gauge (1:64 scale), American Flyer, 1958 vintage.

Del Val PT Cruisers
Closed Thread