PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Owner....almost

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2003, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Owner....almost

Later this week I am to take possesion of a new 2003 Dream Crusier Series 2. (Or will it be taking possesion of me?) I have been lurking here for several weeks, prior to my final decision. I have appreciated reading all the good advice. I don't have the car yet and already have a polished set of Blane's Hood struts on the way. I turn 50 next week and this is my over the hill present. LOML has been all for the PT and digs the Tangerine color. Since I live in the northern regions of Wisconsin , I think she (the car) will be spending a bit of time garaged over the winter, but I am sure looking forward to having her home.
Just wanted to say Hi. [^]
RJ
Old 22 Oct 2003, 04:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

As Bruce Willis says in Die Hard" Welcome to the party Pal"........
Old 22 Oct 2003, 04:12 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

What a way to "go over the hill" -- a new DCS2! [8D] Enjoy your new ride and to the forum--a great place to get information and exhange ideas. [|)] [^]
Old 22 Oct 2003, 04:26 pm
Blaneb

Hi RJ,

Welcome to PT world, it's a nice place to be. I can tell from the first mod you picked out that you are a person of great intellect and style!! This is a fun car and, what the heck, you deserve it. Have fun.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome, you won't be going over the hill in the PT just yet, rather you 'll be Cruising around the top of it wondering what took so long to get hear.

Enjoy.

[^]

Old 22 Oct 2003, 04:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey RJ, always remember if you have any scratches or paint-work done that mixing the color in a paint-shop is a no-go.It will be off.You have to use PPG Global brand which has the exact match for the car. I fixed a deep scratch on mine and found this out.The code went into the mixing machine and came back as 'Approximate Match Only', and it ended up being too gold.The PPG is dead-on for a match.
Have fun with it!

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 22 Oct 2003, 05:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

You have an awesome car. Welcome to the forum. We all look forward to getting to know you better. Anything you need, just let us know. The people that posted before me are very nice and very helpful too. [8)]

GTSteve

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 22 Oct 2003, 06:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome!![8D]
Old 22 Oct 2003, 06:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RJ

Later this week I am to take possesion of a new 2003 Dream Crusier Series 2. (Or will it be taking possesion of me?) I have been lurking here for several weeks, prior to my final decision. I have appreciated reading all the good advice. I don't have the car yet and already have a polished set of Blane's Hood struts on the way.

Happy Birthday RJ!

EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!

I too owned Blanes Hood Struts before taking possession of my factory order, and have gotten many compliments from mechanics about them, although to be honest I have rarely had to open the hood.

I also added rear mud flaps right away before any scratches had a chance.

I did NOT add quality front seat covers and Regret it! The front seat upholstery gets a lot of hard use, and is a stain magnet.

You can remove them when you want to show off, but for everyday use, I highly advise getting Quality front seat covers.

Enjoy your new toy!!!
Blanes HoodStruts
etc.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 07:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the best cruiser link around RJ, there is a great bunch of helpful folks that "live" here. By the way I soon will be 65 and DO NOT "feel over the hill". You don't get O_ D, just like fine wine "you mature".
Closed Thread