PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Frustrated in California

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2003, 11:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Frustrated in California

I've had my Cruiser now for only six weeks and I'm really frustrated! Like most enthusiasts, I want to create "My" Cruiser. Of course, the first step is the wheel treatment, right? I noticed right away that most PT Cruisers have a version of Chromed Spokes. So I wanted a more vintage look and decided to go for smoothies. My local dealer didn't have them in stock so he ordered them from the only manufacturer that made them for Cruisers. (That's what he said) It would take about two weeks, he told me. That was six weeks ago. Evidently there has been a "run" on the market for these things and they have to be "put together" at the manufacturer's plant because of the Cruiser's Offset design of the front wheels. Anyway, since I've been waiting for my smoothies, I have had my Cruiser custom pin-striped and ordered running boards. I already have the custom floormats and dash cover. It's amazing to me all the after market items you can add to Cruisers. I'm also thinking about a crome billet grille. Oh, well. Now that I've "vented" I feel better. If you happen to have a current copy of the Moss catalogue, look on page 22. That's an exact copy of the look my Cruiser will have. That is, if my smoothies ever come! Thanks for listening. Talk to y'all later.
Beard
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Beard,

If the dealer promised two weeks and it's been a lot longer than that, what's stopping you from backing out and ordering from Moss? Are you getting them cheaper than Moss? Did you pay for them in advance..which they should give back since they couldn't keep their promise on delivery. Did you call Moss and ask if they had their's in stock? Just curious.[:I]

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, the "run on the market on these things" really doesn't hold water. I would go elsewhere. You are starting off with a bad source IMHO.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Checkout these guys: http://www.stocktonwheel.com

They make 'em any way you want and they're in Cali [8]

Let us know how it goes...
Old 28 Oct 2003, 10:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Welcome to the "I hate my dealer" club.

I joined back before I had my GT... When they insisted I had no idea what I was talking about and that the GT was a 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC.

[xx(]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 29 Oct 2003, 10:25 am
Fanatic Cruiser

with the PT aftermarket, you shouldn't have to rely or need the dealer for any thing.
Come to these websites, read the posts and search and you'll find anything you can imagine for your PT.
Just take your time and research.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 29 Oct 2003, 04:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Crewzin!
All the way from Florida, huh? Yeah it's the price that keeps me hangin' on. $89.00 each, including the baby moons. That's better than Moss's $162.00 each. I put $100.00 down to order them. The running boards got here yesterday and I took 'em to my paint guy. They should be installed early next week. That should give the effect of "lowering" without the danger of bottoming out when I go over dips in the road. Can't wait till it's all finished. Tell me about your "Crewser".
Beard

Old 29 Oct 2003, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Beard,

All the way from California, huh? Won't take up everybody's time with my PT. 45 mods and counting. Eibach springs, ICE wheels (stayed with 16 inch). Chrome-a-lusion flames, lake pipes, door spears, pin-striping, rear door handle, rear wing, chrome and painted engine compartment. DynoMax exhaust, Intimadator air intake, homemade cool air intake. "CREWZIN" 3BL and registratin plate. Non-turbo (fast enough for everyday use).

Good luck on your dealer's order. Hope your wheels come thru soon..that is a great price.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 12:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I wonder which company they ordered the wheels from. Very interesting story. Two California companies, Wheel Vintiques and Stocton Wheels, make them. From the price you quoted, it sounds like he ordered from Wheel Vintiques, but even their $89 (unpainted) price does not include the baby moons. I think that they are $10 each from them. Yes, ther are also some other companies making smoothies for the PT Cruiser, but their costs are even higher most places.

Post some pictures when you get the wheels on.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'll definitely post some pics!

Beard
Closed Thread