PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Considering PT GT

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2003, 10:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Considering PT GT

As per my ID I currently have an Altima 3.5 SE. I am looking at a GT for more room. Besides after looking at a few other rides it appears the PT gets me the best [8)] for my buck. I was curious about the comparisons between the GT and the Limited Plus with turbo "lite". I read FRM has put the stage 1 on his son's car. Has anyone else tried this? Also which car would you suggest?
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Go for the GT!

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 13 Nov 2003, 12:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Get the GT When you compare the cost of the abs, 17" wheels, leather it is a better deal. If it is about cost look at a 03
Old 13 Nov 2003, 01:26 am
Young Cruiser

Yes, go for the GT. And this is coming from another altima owner.

Old 13 Nov 2003, 02:52 am
Regular Cruiser

There is a guy in our club, and on here, goes by the handle PT Dave. he has done the stage 1 upgrade. He is more than happy to talk about it. Do a search for him and email him. He'd love to fill you in.

t
aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have a GT obviously (GTSteve). I like the 17 inch wheels, leather interior, sunroof, 4 wheel disks. I also got a good deal at 23K. If you can come close to that, get the GT.

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

To all:
Thanks for the info.

Boosta, how does your PT compare to the Altima?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 02:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Let me just say that I am extremely happy with my GT and if I were to do it all over again, I would still buy GT over other vihicles I have considered.

I have 1 gen. altima, but I did consider new VQ engine altima and maxima, BMW 325, Saab and Suburu turbo cars, and few of the SUVs before buying my GT.

3 main reasons why I picked GT.

1. Performance/Turbo. Real fun to drive with almost no torque steer. Waiting for Stage 2 kit ( 270 hp and 300 ftlb of torque)from Mopar.

2. Quality. Extremely well put together. No rattle, no defects, no nothing after 4 months of driving.

3. Purchase price. "Best bang for the Buck" [8)]

Old 13 Nov 2003, 07:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

get the gt you will love it!![8)]
Old 13 Nov 2003, 07:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I agree.
Depends on your objective.
If u get the 180hp turbo, you'll prolly want bigger wheels and more power, so why not go for the GT?
I like the leather and ABS should be standard.
I have Stage 1 and I enjoy it and driving the car.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Closed Thread