PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hood Bra

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2003, 11:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hood Bra

The winters where I live are very cold and icy. This means that there is a lot of salt used on the roads. My old PT sustained many rock chips from the salt in its short 2 year life, and I didn't want this to happen to my new PT. I was wondering if anyone had put a Bra on their cruiser. Does it scratch the paint underneath very badly?

Thanks
Marc
Old 19 Nov 2003, 12:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have the full nose Chrysler bra that I use on long trips on the highway. If you get one, give the front end a good coat of wax before you put the bra on and remove the bra if it gets wet. Mine doesn't scratch and protects very well.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:38 am
Regular Cruiser

I have a Colgan full bra. It works great and as CREWZIN said, you have to take it off and let it dry if it gets wet. Very soft material underneath and it dries pretty quickly.

You can read about them here:

www.colgancustom.com

and see it on a Cruiser here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2443275006

By the way, if you are interested in this brand, I am selling mine. I recently added my Xenon front bumper and it will no longer fit. Email me if you are interested. I only used it once on a 3 day trip to Bossier City, LA and it's been in the bag ever since.

Thanks.
t
aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com
Old 19 Nov 2003, 02:51 am
Regular Cruiser

i too have a colgan front end bra. i use it for out of town cruises and then remove it for around town driving. it is well worth the money. like the others it is removed as soon as it gets wet (in Seattle, that happens quite often)but there has been no abrasion marks on the paint. well worth the money.

03 electric blue GT
Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Do a topic search, there has been some discussion in the past about hood bras!! Use bras for your search.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Have you seen the new bra for the Mini Cooper ?

http://ptenthusiasts.org/PTForums/at...chmentid=15842

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 12:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Nice bra on that Mini! [^]

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 19 Nov 2003, 12:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

I've got the Wolf bra from JC Whitney. It was a real pain in the @$$ to stretch it around the bumper area, but it sure is SNUG!! (They said it's not supposed to fit the GT's, but by God, I MADE it fit! )

By the way, the pics for the Wolf bra on the JCW site are wrong. The actual Wold bra is the both the lower part, and the FULL upper part for the hood. The pics show the kind that ends right at the fron, with the little wind guard things. It's actually the kind that looks like a "T" which secures at the top of the hood, going between the windshield washer nozzles. It's TOP notch quality, and a steal at only $90!!

But like as is commonly said, make sure the covered area is SPOTLESS before you put the bra on (to avoid scratches), take it off when it rains, and if you DO leave it on, make sure to check often to see if any debris made its way between the bra and the paint.

Good Luck!

2003 Patriot Blue GT
\"R\" Package
Autostick
K&N drop-in w/both airbox silencers removed
Brand \"X\" Turbo-up pipe
Closed Thread