PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rant n' Rave

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2003, 08:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Rant n' Rave

Been 15+ years since I have purchased a brand new car. I have always been cautious of where I have parked and am even more cautious now with the new car. So, even at a shopping center car lot, I do not always take the nearest parking space if there is a fear that my cars would possibly get damaged. And what's even worse, my wife laughs at me when I park away or tell her to avoid parking in the crowd of cars...I use the excuse that we all need the extra excersize!

Now with the new car, I am even more overly cautious where I am parking when I take it out. Despite all of my cautiousness, I still have gotten a door ding. Seems that despite parking away from the "crowd", so to speak, the worst car imaginable gravitate towards the newer car. And like an alpha dog in the wild, wants to leave its' mark on their territory.

[xx(] Don't people have any consideration? [xx(] Don't they care about the property of other? [xx(] Felt like leaving a size 12 door ding on their car, but then relized that they would not have noticed it!

Okay enough ranting!!!!!
Old 23 Nov 2003, 09:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[xx(] I feel your pain, I to attempt to be VERY careful where I park. Last week I noticed that there was a door ding on drivers side rear fender, right on the curve, it wasn't there when I washed and cleaned it 3 days earlier. Just P!$$e$ me off. When I took it to have my bumper painted, I tlaked to the body man about it, he said, "Just wait until you get a few more, and then we'll do it". That didn't make me feel any better, knowing that he expected it to get MORE!!!!
Old 24 Nov 2003, 02:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Another thing you guys wanna watch out for is sometimes big SUVs or the longer cars will cross the little white line and hit the front end of your car. I always walk towards the front end of my car when leaving the establishment.. take a quick glance.. and then proceed to leave. Just a little something to remember.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 02:18 am
Young Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your door ding - but I know how you feel!! About 2 months after taking delivery of my black PT I too received a "love tap" from some unknown dimwit in a restaurant parking lot. It really showed with the black paint!! It was about the diameter of a pencil eraser, not too deep and in the left rear fender above the wheel opening. Here's the good news though: I made an appointment with the local "dent doctor". Met him at his home. He was able to get to the back side of the dent through the vent opening inside the rear door sill so didn't have to drill a hole. In a matter of about 10 minutes the dent was completely gone! Was I ever happy!! I hated to shell out the $20.00 for someone else's stupidity but it was worth that to have the dent disappear. There is hope!
GW
Old 24 Nov 2003, 08:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by azptcruiser

Don't people have any consideration? Don't they care about the property of others?
No, they don't. If you look carefully, many drivers are clueless when driving, and they are no better when parking. Chances are, they were too dim-witted to even notice.[:0]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Nov 2003, 10:26 am
Senior Cruiser

yeah, i think i had my car less then a week and got a wheel well dinged.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 10:59 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Dent busters as they are called around here do a fantastic job, but the prices I here are around $75 / GW, $20? that is really cheap, Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 24 Nov 2003, 11:20 am
Young Cruiser

Posted - 11/24/2003 : 08:59:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dent busters as they are called around here do a fantastic job, but the prices I here are around $75 / GW, $20? that is really cheap, Gary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2003 Turbo GT 5-speed/ www.perfectautofinish.com

Staff Writer, PTCruiserLinks.com
http://ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips

Gary,

Yes, it was a good price... I knew the fellow from when I worked at the Chrysler Jeep Dealership, took the car to his house and it was a simple fix, so he gave me a break on the price[^]

GW
Old 24 Nov 2003, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Isn't it wonderful when you know "SOMEBODY" who can do things for you, isn't that called "bartering" IF you trade work for work?
Old 24 Nov 2003, 07:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

not a ding but just as bad. When mine was in the shop, they called to say it would be ready as soon as they cleaned it up. I told them DO NOT TAKE IT TO A CAR WASH WITH BRUSHES. He told me, oh we have our own guy do the detailing. I go to pick my car up and ask the guy WTF did you do to my car? The entire car was SWIRLED from a carwash. He said, our guy hand washes all of the cars. I said BS, look at it, I have NEVER taken it through a carwash. He went and got the guy and asked him. The detail guy said, you said it was a rush job so i ran it across the street! FOOLS!
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Closed Thread