PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help in NJ!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Dec 2003, 09:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help in NJ!

I need help about a good Service Department in Northern NJ...

I have used two different dealers in my area, and if you can believe it, because I want them to deal with problems on my PT, they are telling me to go elsewhere!

I've had several problems for months...

1) Shimmy in Steering Wheel (keeps re-appearing)
2) Headliner is banging
3) have various rattles that I've reported

The first two were fixed by the second dealer about 2 months ago, and I brought the car back today, and can you believe they had the gall to tell me 1) the shimmy was because my tires were cold and that it'll go away....2) they don't know what to do about it after that....and last (the best) 3)that I am a troublemaker and I should go elsewhere?! [}]

The first dealer put a note in their system that I am a high maintenence customer...when THEY are the ones that ordered a part, had me wait for it to be put on for 3 hours, and then had an attitude with me when they told me the part had never come in!

The 3rd problem I've reported to both dealers, and they always come back and say that they could not diagnose! (Even after the technician has heard them on a test drive!)

Also, the Service rep today told me "what do you expect, it's only a Neon-based vehicle"....

I've contacted the owner of the second dealer, refuse to go back to the first dealer, but really don't deserve this type of treatment!

Does anyone know a good Service Dept in the NNJ area that I can go to...and actually have them listen to my issues (and not try to explain them away)? [:0]

Old 02 Dec 2003, 11:48 pm
Young Cruiser

I think I'd be getting hold of DC and trying to reach the area rep. If these are five star dealers, repeated reports of customer service like that would cost them their five star status. [xx(]
Old 03 Dec 2003, 02:04 am
Regular Cruiser

I Know of a good Dealer in central Jersey. Just off GS parkway. [Buhler in Hazlet] Always gives me a free loaner if needed for any sevice or ride to train. Would recommend. [8)]
Old 03 Dec 2003, 08:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You don't say where in Northern NJ.. Try Wyckoff - I haven't used them, but they want "visibility". If you're in NW Jersey, I'd recommend Straub in Bethlehem, Pa.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Dec 2003, 09:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

don't take there CRAP!! call chrysler tomm am and tell them whats been going on!! screw them big time !! [xx(][xx(]
Closed Thread