PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anyway to look up exact date of production?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2003, 08:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Anyway to look up exact date of production?

I have a DC3. The door sticker says it was produced on 08/03. Is there any way to find out (using the VIN, maybe?) the exact date of production?
Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by alceryes

I have a DC3. The door sticker says it was produced on 08/03. Is there any way to find out (using the VIN, maybe?) the exact date of production?
NM figured it out...
Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

There are 2 locations on the label that tells you the exact build date. The upper arrow tells the month and year and the lower arrow tells you the month, day, and hour that it was built. This one was built on Sept. 14th, 2000 at 7:00am (091407).

Orginally posted by PTCruzr on PTE Forum.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 12 Dec 2003, 10:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

There are 2 locations on the label that tells you the exact build date. The upper arrow tells the month and year and the lower arrow tells you the month, day, and hour that it was built. This one was built on Sept. 14th, 2000 at 7:00am (091407).

Orginally posted by PTCruzr on PTE Forum.

I was wondering what the last 2 numbers (of the 6 in the lower left) were. That's what threw me off when I first looked at it.
Thanks.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Great! Now I can avoid a "Friday car". I knew the month & year (hey, it says date of mfr).

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:20 am
Dedicated Cruiser

quicksilverdon, I can understand why you would avoid a 'Friday' car. What 'Day of the Week' car would you prefer?

Mercedes Wiki
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:25 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:

quicksilverdon, I can understand why you would avoid a 'Friday' car. What 'Day of the Week' car would you prefer?
Some kinda report someone told me about said that cars produced on tuesday wednesday or thursday have less things wrong with them then those produced monday or friday (with friday being the worst).
Oh well, my DC3 rolled off the line monday, 8/25/03 (1 day before my birthday ). Hope it beats the odds...[8)][8)]
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Well, I just went outside to look and see what the is build date of my PT. Guess what, no sticker! I looked on all the doors, to include the bottom of the door and under the hood...no sticker. What's up with that? Anyone else not have a sticker, am I not looking in the right place?

Mercedes Wiki
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

Well, I just went outside to look and see what the is build date of my PT. Guess what, no sticker! I looked on all the doors, to include the bottom of the door and under the hood...no sticker. What's up with that? Anyone else not have a sticker, am I not looking in the right place?
I have two labels, one like shown and the one above it showing the tire pressures and tire sizes.

ALL vehicles manufactured MUST have a Manufacture Sticker, see your dealer. [xx(]
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:55 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks Hooligan. I have neither of the stickers.

Mercedes Wiki
Closed Thread