PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Definitive dates/models affected by PCM recall?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Definitive dates/models affected by PCM recall?

I just purchased a DC3. It's mfg date is 08/25/03. Do I have to worry about the PCM recall?
Thanks.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:08 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you're effected, you'll get a letter.
Congrats on your great ride!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:32 am
Regular Cruiser

Since I don't even have 500 miles on it yet I haven't taken it up past 4500 rpm so I don't want to try that 5300 rpm 2nd /3rd gear test.
I heard someone say that you can call your dealer with your VIN and they will know if my car needs a new one?
On a side note...with these 2004 GT turbo's still on the lot wouldn't it make sence to fix them BEFORE they sell them? Or are they just playing odds (hoping some old folks buy it and never get up past 3500rpm's)?
Old 13 Dec 2003, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by alceryes

Since I don't even have 500 miles on it yet I haven't taken it up past 4500 rpm so I don't want to try that 5300 rpm 2nd /3rd gear test.
I heard someone say that you can call your dealer with your VIN and they will know if my car needs a new one?
On a side note...with these 2004 GT turbo's still on the lot wouldn't it make sence to fix them BEFORE they sell them? Or are they just playing odds (hoping some old folks buy it and never get up past 3500rpm's)?
I DO take execption to the term "old folks" !!! What is your defination of old folks?

And yes it seems practable IF they were fixed prior to their sale.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 02:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by alceryes

I DO take execption to the term "old folks" !!! What is your defination of old folks?

And yes it seems practable IF they were fixed prior to their sale.
Sorry, I live in Naples, Florida (retirement capital for the older and wealthier). I'm not biased...I just play by the odds.
If you see someone driving around Naples doing any one of the following:

1) Driving at least 15 mph UNDER the posted speed limit in perfect driving conditions (usually in the left or middle lane).
2) When wanting to make a right turn from the left lane (and vise-versa) stopping (yes COMPLETE stop) and putting your blinker on and then waiting for someone in the next lane to COMPLETELY stop before creaping over (repeat for multiple lanes)...and I'm talking roads that are 40 mph and up!!
3)(I do NOT understand this one at all!!) When turning from a parking lot out onto the main road, waiting until someone is less then 50' down the road before you pull out in front of them!! Seriously!! You can be ¼ mile down the road and some $%#^@* will wait and watch you (eye contact) and then pull out right before you get to them. Then of course they jump right into #1 for a double whammy.[:I][:I][:I]
4) Tipping a suspicious looking bottle in a brown paper bag at stop lights.

99 times out of 100 it will be someone of the older generation (I'm only 29, so I don't want to put a number down and offend anyone[8D])
Old 14 Dec 2003, 04:36 am
Young Cruiser

Alceryres,
Dealers should and do check their new car inventory for vehicles that are subject to recall repairs. However, DC will often announce a particular recall before supplying their dealers with specific VIN numbers and before the recall part kits are available. Service managers will use recall work to keep their techs busy during slow times but do not always make the repairs a top priority. A GOOD service department will make sure that no new vehicle is ever delivered with an outstanding recall, provided the repair parts are available. If you purchased your car new you will most definitely be notified by DC if it falls under the recall and if they have your current mailing address.
GW
Old 14 Dec 2003, 09:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

i have NEVER gotten a letter regarding this issue, because it is not a "reacll", but a TSB was sent out to the dealers so as to deal with it when the problem arrises for each case. However, my dealer up here can't find on their system in Canada, and of course "can;t duplicate the problem" so i'm stuck...