PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help me out here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:20 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Help me out here

I have been debating on whether or not to put my web site on my car. The advantages would be nice advertising for me. The down side I think may out weight the plus side
My car would have to be perfect ALL THE TIME> I can't achieve that, now that winter is here and I drive it all the time. can't imagion have PerfectAutoFinish on a car that looks like ^&&%(^%&$$
Next I don't want it to look tacky by being a "company type vehicle" any feedback yeh or ney with suggestions I appreciate. gary If I did it my thought was to put it on the back window, lower area about 1-2" high across the lower section, too to much, just enough. Thanks Gary
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Isn't there magnetized vinyl? Have it on that, press it on when you car's pristine (like at a show), and take it off the rest of the time.
How many folks are going to take note while you're driving anyway - a sign propped on dash and in rear at a show would make more sense anyway.
My $.02.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Dec 2003, 11:54 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:...If I did it my thought was to put it on the back window, lower area about 1-2" high across the lower section...
My recommendation would be--DO IT! [|)] Something like this would look nice and not be "too much"...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Gary, I think you need a combination of both the suggestions above. At a car show or similar event a sign on the dash would be great. But, you still want to advertise your business to a wider audience. This is where a magnetic sign would be benficial and as quicksilverdon mentioned, just remove it when your car doesn't look it's best. You could also have a window cling made up which would be easy to add and remove.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 17 Dec 2003, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Gary, I can't really add to the above, but I think something that is easily removeable would be the best idea. It's got you covered that way.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 01:25 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You guys are awesome, glad I posted, now I have some ideas. After the holidays I will get something done. will post when accomplished/ Thanks for the help.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 17 Dec 2003, 01:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Herschel

I don't know if this will help or not but,
here it is. turbomangt-you might also want to
correspond with "Airbillster"(Bill) about how
his business 'sky rocketed' just this week after
posting his website. Sometimes I think I'm TOO
Careful. On my pants I wear a belt & suspenders.
H.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 01:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks Gary, does that mean that you're going to come to our house and detail our Cruisers for us?

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 17 Dec 2003, 08:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

I have been debating on whether or not to put my web site on my car. The advantages would be nice advertising for me. The down side I think may out weight the plus side
My car would have to be perfect ALL THE TIME> I can't achieve that, now that winter is here and I drive it all the time. can't imagion have PerfectAutoFinish on a car that looks like ^&&%(^%&$$
Next I don't want it to look tacky by being a "company type vehicle" any feedback yeh or ney with suggestions I appreciate. gary If I did it my thought was to put it on the back window, lower area about 1-2" high across the lower section, too to much, just enough. Thanks Gary
Naww I wouldn't do it. I like my privacy. I brought my car because it looked cool, I'm not into the rolling billboards, because you will never ever be able to disconnect from your business while you are driving the car. There will come a time when you will want to get away from it all and you can't if you are driving the car. God forbid if you ever have a customer from hell, who spots your car while it is; in your drive, at the store, while you are dining out, etc, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, I know somebody had to disagree.

[:I]
macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 18 Dec 2003, 10:15 am
Dedicated Cruiser

IRPT, sure I will detail your car as long as you come to me/ Steve from Wi drive down over the summer and we worked on his Cruiser. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Closed Thread