A new buyer

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2003, 01:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Alicha
Default A new buyer

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any help. I'm looking into
buying a new PT Cruiser and I was wondering how good of a car it is. I would love any input.

Thank you for any help you can give me...

Alicha[8)]
Old 19 Dec 2003, 04:11 am
Young Cruiser

I went from a 2001 Mercedes C320 to a 2003 GT. Love the car and it has some of the workmanship that my C320 had, thanks DC. You can do some neat thigs to the car at reasonable costs. You'll love it.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 19 Dec 2003, 04:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Anyone here will tell you it's a wonderful car, a great car,....God's gift to wheels.

Really, it's a well made, quiet car with very few quirks. The biggest complaint is about wind noise and that's only at highway speed with a specific sunroof/window combination open. It handles nicely even in base trim and has sufficient accelleration for a normal car. (Most people here tend to prefer abnormal accelleration, we're...I mean they're just Hot Rodders!)

It looks nice and friendly just being stock. AND it's the best automotive blank canvas currently offered for customizing. Part of the uniqueness is, it was a pure styling exercise that DC did not compromise when going to the production model.

Looks like you're fairly near Austin which I believe has a PT club. Contact them at www.longhorncruisers.com for their next Meet & Greet or just visit their forum.

I'm a very picky buyer and this is the first car I've really wanted and considered practical since 1971....well, that one wasn't practical and I still have it. We're planning on keeping the PT for long time too.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The best word I use to describe the PT is "comfortable". It didn't wreck my budget. It isn't cheap, but isn't a snob car. The driving position is very comfortable, and passengers have always been pleased, too. It's a good compromise for me.
There are 3 "trim" levels - base, touring & limited. Base still gives you A/C, power windows & radio CD player. Touring adds better suspension, alloy wheels & bigger tires, electric locks. Limited adds chrome alloy wheels, alarm system, leather. That's the main highlights only. 3 engines - 150HP, 180HP & 220HP. The 150HP was the only one for the first 2 years, and it handles everything except the need for adrenaline!
You're asking junkies what is it like to get high!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Dec 2003, 10:00 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Can't add much to what everyone else has said, it's a great automobile! Only other thing I would add is to read the forum and check out some of the pics of all the cool Cruisers.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 19 Dec 2003, 11:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Another benefit to buying a PT is the great people you will come to know and the information that you will be given by people on this forum....I have owned mine for almost a year now, and I had a Lexus before this, and do not miss it at all. With all the mods you can do, or even if you do not do any mods, it is still one of the neatest cars on the road today...GO FOR IT! Then you can come to the Dallas PT Cruiser Club's huge PT show in March. [:X] I will email you with more information...good luck and Happy Holidays!

Old 19 Dec 2003, 11:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome Alicha. We have had our PT for some time and you just can't go wrong with these cars. We love everything about ours and with this group of clowns on this forum it will make it even more fun!!! Go For It!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Alicha

[8)]

Thanks everyone. I was talking to my husband and he said what ever car I want he will get me. He is leaving for the War next month so he wanted me to have a good car. He is into Fords and everyine in his car club says its a chick car LOL but he said whatever my baby wants she will get. So what you all said about the PT helped alot and we are going to Look at them this weekend. So wish me luck. Also yes let me know about the PT show and stuff like that. I think that will help keep me busy while he is gone. He loves racing and cars and the club he is in so I think I will like this one

Thanks again for all the info. Plus that fact my husband is 6'5 he needs the room thanks for letting me know about the room. I will let you know when I get my PT so keep a eye out for me

Alicha [8)]
Old 19 Dec 2003, 02:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

I am about 6'2" and weigh close to 300 pounds...I am a big boy, and this is by far the roomiest car I have ever owned...Owned a Mustang, Ford Explorer, Chevy Malibu and a Lexus ES 300 and have much more room in the PT. You hubby will have no problem driving it and being comfortable. Glad you are getting it this weekend...the back looks great! Hope to hear from you again, I will keep in touch with you!

[?]

Old 19 Dec 2003, 02:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Did anyone mention that most come standard with an autolocking system, and two additonal power outlets beside the typical lighter one. Also it has center mounted window controls so you or your passenger can control the windows.

I personal looked at about 10 or so vehicles and test drove about 6 before buying the PT.
Volvo (2) S40, S60
Toyota (2) Rav 4, Matrix
Nissan (2) Altima, Sentra
Mazda (2) Tribute, 6
Mitsubishi (1) Outlander
Jeep (1) Liberty
Chrsyler (2) PT Cruiser.

5 minutes in the PT and one turn off the dealer lot and thought it was the winner.

Also read the CarandDriver PT Cruiser test they did. At 50,000 miles they had no major problems.