PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2 Questions from a newbie

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2003, 03:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2 Questions from a newbie

Just bought a 2003 GT Turbo with the Aurostick Tranny. What is the consensus on purchasing the additional extended warranty from Crysler? I did not buy it, but I am still able to if I want it. Also, what is the best way to remove the factory pinstripe?
I'm having a great time with my "new toy". Makes me feel like a teenager again (I'm 52). Thanks for your help.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 03:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Autostick..duh
Old 20 Dec 2003, 03:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Chrysler....and I proof read it!!
Old 20 Dec 2003, 05:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Extended Warranty: Easy to break, so I didnt take it. If something happens past 36,000 IMO, it'll be my fault, no theirs, and they wont pay for it if its not tehir fault...so yea. If you want to add any power upgrades, suspension upgrades or apparently BOVs...youll be screwed.

My front strut went out and I didnt even bother going to Chrysler because I was lowered....

If you plan on leaving it stock, Id say go for it...it would be worth soundness of mind.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 20 Dec 2003, 05:25 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I wouldn't recommend it. However, if it gives you "peace of mind" and the additional expense isn't a concern, then go for it. Enjoy your new ride...[8)]...you have one great car! [^]
Old 20 Dec 2003, 07:52 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

BPfromFLA, try using a hair dryer to heat the pin stripe, then peel it off. BTW, welcome to the forum, this is a great place to gather information and meet lots of nice people!

Use lighter fluid to remove any left over adhesive.

BPfromFLA if you did not catch an error in your post when you previewed it, you can make corrections after posting by using the 'Edit' icon above each post.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 21 Dec 2003, 01:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Congrats and Welcome.
Statistics show Chrysler makes money on the extended warranty, so if you put the money in a CD, you're better off, but if you don't feel lucky,....

I'm getting it for my wife's Town & Country - there are so many expensive gadgets in it that I'm scared, but warranty's up on my PT - I'm at 68,000 miles on my PT and have had no problems.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Dec 2003, 10:15 am
Cool Cruiser

congrats. & welcome![^]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 21 Dec 2003, 10:46 am
Young Cruiser

BP,
Welcome and congratulations on your new PT! [^] The factory 7/70 warranty will cover the expensive "budget buster" repairs such as engine or transmission failure. The extended warranty can cover accessories and bolt ons such as altenators, A/C, power steering pumps as well as sound system and power windows or mirrors. You can still purchase this extended warranty until you have 36,0000 miles' then the price goes up. So, you might want to hold off, see how you like the car and see how much trouble you have with it during the first 3 yrs.[?]

GW
Old 21 Dec 2003, 12:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Closed Thread