Advertisements
Baby carseats?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Dec 2003, 11:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ThatFatBaby
Default Baby carseats?

Hi!! Going to go test drive my...um a PT Cruiser tomorrow. So far it sounds like a dream. My only HUGE concern is carseat room in the backseat. I have a 2 y/o and one on the way and I MUST be able to safely install two carseats. I have had one person tell me that they couldn't fit two in their '01. I'll be getting...um I'm test driving an '04. Anybody have any experience w/ carseats and how they fit?[:I]
Old 25 Dec 2003, 11:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I could fit a car seat easy both forwards and backwards with adequate clearance.
Depends how far you like to put the back of your seat down.
Infant rear seats are usually a little bit of a tight squeeze b/c of their bulk. When the go more upright there's better clearance.
oh, and there should be plenty of seat width with 2 seats.
LATCH is standard.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 25 Dec 2003, 11:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ThatFatBaby

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

I could fit a car seat easy both forwards and backwards with adequate clearance.
Depends how far you like to put the back of your seat down.
Infant rear seats are usually a little bit of a tight squeeze b/c of their bulk. When the go more upright there's better clearance.
oh, and there should be plenty of seat width with 2 seats.
LATCH is standard.
Generally the drivers seat will be adjusted for me a whopping 5'2 but dh is 6't. However the rear facing seat will be on the passenger side and the fwd facing toddler behind the drivers side. I've decided the best way to figure it out is to (well DUH) take both carseats w/ me. I know my toddler's seat has latch straps SOMEWHERE but not sure if the infant seat does. It's been 18 months since I've used that seat. Thanks for your info. Hopefully I'll posting pics soon. I'm test driving a white one. I think it's the metallic almond? Of course the oh so informed salesman called it "pearlescent". It's gorgeous. Spoiler, moon roof. I'm so sad I have a bad knee and can't drive a manual anymore. TTYL and hopefully I'll be owned by a PTC!

Is it tomorrow yet??
Old 26 Dec 2003, 12:06 am
Regular Cruiser

It actually is a pearl paint. I'm not sure about the infant seats but my wife uses her PT for a GrannyMobile with two child seats mounted permanently. I won't let the kids in mine. I a meanny.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 12:12 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum ThatFatBaby. Hopefully you will decide on the PT (it's a great car) and we'll be hearing from you again.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 26 Dec 2003, 08:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IRPT

Welcome to the forum ThatFatBaby. Hopefully you will decide on the PT (it's a great car) and we'll be hearing from you again.
Yes, WELCOME. Let us know how you make out.[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Dec 2003, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !! [8)]
Old 26 Dec 2003, 04:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome ThatFatBaby and enjoy your new PT[^].
Old 26 Dec 2003, 11:55 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Just a footnote on car seats and what they can do to your seats. The tension from the seat being compressed from the car seat will eventually cause permanent indentations/ not long I detailed a car, and this young (but wise) mom had a heavy duty floor mat UNDER the car seat. from what I could tell, (she said it was in about 9 months) it did no damage to the seats at all. On the other hand I have seen seats damaged after only a few months without protection under it. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 27 Dec 2003, 12:52 am
Senior Cruiser

I have a car seat, it is the rear facing baby seat, i have it behind the drivers seat, and it allows me use the 60% fold down portion of the seat, lots of room for 2 seats in the pt cruiser.

also I'm 6' tall and have plenty of leg room with the seat installed behind me, yet in the wifes mazda I'm cramped forward.
Closed Thread