Advertisements
Ok so now!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:43 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ThatFatBaby
Default Ok so now!!

Oh my gosh all the things I want to do to this car lol. I use to give dh a hard time when he had his mustang and how he wanted to modify it all the time. Well now I have the fever (but not the cash)!! We deliberately didn't even drive the turbo because we know we can add mods to make it zippier.

I want to apologize lol since I don't know the lingo!

So what's a cheap modification that won't default the warranty to add a little zip to my beauty?
Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:50 am
Dedicated Cruiser

ThatFatBaby, this won't add zip, but it will prevent your hood from being accidentally damaged. IMHO it's the first mod all PT owner's should make, Blane's Hoold lift kit: http://home.pcmagic.net/blajess/

Check out this thread: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=4061

For added zip, one of the first easy mods is a cold air induction system. There are many to choice from with quite a few listed on e-bay. Plenty of info here on the forum, here are a couple to get you started:

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...,air,induction

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...,air,induction

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 27 Dec 2003, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Add some visual pizzaz inside and/or outside with vinyl stick-ons.
StreamlineDesign.Com is the best place to deal with. Good stuff, good prices and Great service.[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Dec 2003, 12:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Add some visual pizzaz inside and/or outside with vinyl stick-ons.
StreamlineDesign.Com is the best place to deal with. Good stuff, good prices and Great service.[?]
Omgosh how do I ever decide??? I thought about "pinking" it up. Ya know making it real girly...and I have my That Fat Baby stuff and thought about putting my web addy on the back window. What's a girl to do?
Old 27 Dec 2003, 01:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

I just read your other post about the child seats. I haven't been on a lot lately, but I have 9 month old twins, so I too have 2 car seats in ours. I would recommend some suspension changes be high on your list. The car just feels a lot more stable and handles much better.

The eibach pro kit (2" drop in rear, 1.5" drop in front) was my 3rd mod. The upper strut tower brace just added to that stability. You won't NEED the shocks right away, though it is recommended. Ours went out after about a year of it being lowered.

If you know anyone with one lowered, drive it to compare to yours and you will see what I mean.

t
aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com
Old 27 Dec 2003, 07:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tomdenise

I just read your other post about the child seats. I haven't been on a lot lately, but I have 9 month old twins, so I too have 2 car seats in ours. I would recommend some suspension changes be high on your list. The car just feels a lot more stable and handles much better.

The eibach pro kit (2" drop in rear, 1.5" drop in front) was my 3rd mod. The upper strut tower brace just added to that stability. You won't NEED the shocks right away, though it is recommended. Ours went out after about a year of it being lowered.

If you know anyone with one lowered, drive it to compare to yours and you will see what I mean.

t
I'm so afraid of running into stuff already w/ it being so low (remember prior vehicle was a durango) I can just see how paranoid I'd be lowering it. Will lowering affect my warranty? I don't know anyone that owns a PT . I'm all alone out here in corn country!
Old 27 Dec 2003, 08:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

thatfatbaby, you can look at pt-diy for more ideas too

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 27 Dec 2003, 08:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wait 'til you get to Florida B4 lowering it!!!![^]
Old 27 Dec 2003, 08:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jforce

thatfatbaby, you can look at pt-diy for more ideas too
pt-diy??
Old 27 Dec 2003, 09:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

http://www.ptdoityourself.net

A very handy site.

What kind of PT do you have? (edition, year, colour)

Inexpensive mods:

1. Remove the white intake silencer from the airbox. Search forums, PTDIY for how to do this, it is easy.
2. If it is cold where you are, remove the snorkel from the airbox; mask off the holes with electrical tape if it is warm there.
3. Buy a K&N drop-in replacement air filter**, $30 from here: http://www.4filters.com./
4. Clean and shine everything you see whilst doing all of this.

These will make your motor more responsive and peppy, and provide instant gratification.

Next up would be an axle/back exhaust. It adds even more responsiveness and looks much nicer, but you have to decide if you want to hear it or keep it quiet.

Those are your biggest ROI's.

Enjoy!

** The K&N will eventually pay for itself. Keep your original air filter so you can soak the K&N overnight when it comes time to clean and recharge it.
Closed Thread