PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front tint

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:32 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Front tint

I posted this along time ago, want to get feedback from anyone that tinted their front windows, and had them installed a while. Mine has a dime size abrasive mark that the regulator made on window. what happens is when the window is down, the glass (or tint) sits right up against the regualtor and scrachtes the tint. It is most noticeable when the sun is shining right in your window. but it is there, anyone else found this. posting this on turbo section as well. location is top middle in up position. Gary
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary, I have a '02 PT that was tinted locally in Sept. As of this time I have NO abrasive mark at all on either front side window. I had read a thread about it back then and have been watching for a problem. None yet!!!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:52 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Gary, I'm in the same situation as Hooligan, 02 Limited, tinted locally around Sept. time frame, no marks on either front window. My tint has no straches or marks of any kind.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Not legal here in MI. so can't help ya, police really go after those who have tinted front windows.[xx(]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

As long as we're talking about window tint, here are two links which should be useful. Both list the window tinting laws by state, the first site also has some great information ref. window tinting.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

These are also posted on my web site under Mod Tips/Help.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

im limo tinted on the front passager and driver windows ive had no problems with this, i also have 35% on my front windshield, mind you the front windshield is not legal but i hardly drive my pt anyways so it doesnt matter, other wise ive had no problems if your in the LA area of CA go to HOUSEOFTINTS.COM Call Joe up hes the man

\"You All Laugh Because I\'M Different, I Laugh Because YOU\'RE All The Same!\"
Old 30 Dec 2003, 03:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Gary, I have an 03 GT and had the front windows tinted and yes have the same dime size mark on mine. After I noticed it, I don't put the window down all the way anymore. But the damage is already done. Now What?
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:05 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Finally someone has the mark, (sorry not happy over it, now at least these guys don't think I'm nutty. (well, mayeb so) Red GT, I fear that we are screwed. The tint has been scratched. even if we replace the tint, the same thing will happen. judging from the responses, perhaps the 03 (which you and I have) had a redesigned regulator, the 02's that posted noted no damage. So even though I don't have a PHD, I calculate that the 02's regulator is in a different position.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:23 am
Regular Cruiser

merde! i have an 03 gt that is afflicted with the same dime sized abrasion near the top of the drivers window about midpoint. i thought i had just put a finger print on the tint, or the installer did not get the window clean when he installed the tint. they had to do a little more work on my windows because i had flames cut from tint and installed along the lower edge of the front windows, and then tint laid over the flames. turned out very cool looking from the inside and is very subtle from the outside. anyway, i thought they might have left a smudge, but after running a finger over the area, i can feel that this is a area of abrasion...any ideas as to how to fix/hide the damage without retinting?
woof.

redrum
03 gt electric blue
numerous mods inside & out
Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jforce

Not legal here in MI. so can't help ya, police really go after those who have tinted front windows.[xx(]
Same in New JOISEY. You do see some, but at their own risk.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Closed Thread