PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How much to sell my PT for?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2004, 11:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default How much to sell my PT for?

Hello! Any advice on what price I should ask in order to sell my 2003 limited edition cruiser in a fairly timely manner? It has 6,500 miles, was serviced at both 3000 and 6000 at the dealer. It is in great shape, came with leather, 6 cd changer, auto, 4 wheel abs and traction, almond pearl metallic, moon roof and I have done no mods. I live in Santa Barbara, CA. I listed it in the classified section here, but haven't had any replies yet. Was asking $17K, but maybe that is too high with all of the rebates and year end deals going on. I do have the title. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 05 Jan 2004, 01:10 am
Cool Cruiser

wel i paid $14,000 for my 03 pt and its a base model. So, $17's really not asking too much especially with low mileage and well maintained
Old 05 Jan 2004, 01:12 am
Regular Cruiser

It's not a GT I guess???? In SoCal, and looking. Anyone selling a turbo or GT????Must be auto.......I've seen the non-turbo's go for anywhere between 12.5k to 19.5k for the 03's & 04's. Stew
Old 05 Jan 2004, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That shouldn't be high. Do you explain reason for sale? I'd think maybe it was in an accident or flood with so few miles.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Jan 2004, 09:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Why are you selling it?
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 05 Jan 2004, 04:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As to why I am selling my PT....first of all, I love driving the PT. It is a ton of fun. But, I do own three cars and feel that is too many at this time. I have an F250 for hauling my horses and an E150 Van for hauling all my windsurfing gear around and camping, I bought the PT just for fun. I spent some time over the holidaze speaking with a retirement advisor and he talked me into getting rid of one, so the Cruiser has to go. Thanks to all who replied to my questions. Randy
Old 05 Jan 2004, 07:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

that price isn't bad at all
Old 05 Jan 2004, 08:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

walstib, Welcome to the forum!!!![^] Ask your planner which one he wishes to buy!!!

I don't think you are to far out of line, to bad you have to get rid of the PT!!
Old 06 Jan 2004, 02:39 am
Young Cruiser

makes me smile when i read posts like this...
ahem, i just bought my 03 gt ,loaded,spankin' new,
for just 19,500(after rebates,though) but still an awesome price,i think...

my point is,not to hurt any feelings,is that for 2,500 more,i would definitely go for mine...sorry to say
i mean,it's loaded!!!
Old 06 Jan 2004, 06:49 am
Cool Cruiser

If it's already paid for - keep it and keep havin' fun. IMHO your asking price is too high. We all know that selling relatively new autos = losing your shirt.