painted bumpers

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jan 2004, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default painted bumpers

hi all,
new here an need some help.
we have a 2002 pt with color matched bumpers. the paint is coming off!
were told it is that they have been hit! no warranty.[B)] the wife works in a small hosp. with side by side parking. all our parking in other areas is the same.
any ideas??????????
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:11 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Can you tell that they have been hit? Is there damage or scuff marks? The dealer can't just say the bumpers got hit. Some dealers will say anything to get out of warranty claims. If you're sure your bumpers weren't hit then go over the dealer's head and talk to a DC rep. My GT got hit in the rear taking some paint off of my bumper. The only way I know some idiot backed in to me and took off paint was the little dent in my license plate. Of course the idiot never left a note. That's ok. What goes around comes around. The idiot will get theirs in the end and hopefully it will be twofold.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:30 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

pops, welcome to the forum.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Pops:
A friend of mine had the same problem with his Dodge Dakota. The paint started peeling off his front bumper and the stealer insisted he had spilled something on it. He never did get any satisfaction. Same B.S. They just don't want to pay for it. Go git 'em and make 'em pay!
John
2003 GT Silver, factory flames, pinstripes, BTG duals, stage 1, 3 silencers removed, K&N dropin, Suspension Techniques sways, BTG strut brace, 17X8 Sport Edition wheels, Yokohama 245-40 AVS ES100 tires, RED calipers, Hidden Hitch
Old 07 Jan 2004, 04:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

2002 PTs did not have painted bumpers except for the dream cruiser - gold. If yours isn't gold, then you had them painted somewhere else, and I can't see that being warranteed.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Jan 2004, 05:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

2002 PTs did not have painted bumpers except for the dream cruiser - gold. If yours isn't gold, then you had them painted somewhere else, and I can't see that being warranteed.
If they were painted as a mod then it is possible tha bumpers were not prepped correctly (sanded smooth)or maybe the painter never used a flex primer which is supposed to make the paint adhere better. I am no expert but I think this could cause peeling at some point. You could maybe find out from the previous owner where he had them done.
Old 07 Jan 2004, 05:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

my 02 doesn't have painted bumpers its like quicksilverdon said, welcome!

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 07 Jan 2004, 08:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Pops,
Welcome to the forum. I have an 02 myself, and as others have said the covers could have been painted aftermarket. I had the gray and because of tape marks was able to get replacement covers. I was also lucky enough to talk the dealer into the smooth covers and then paid them to paint them for me. If you are going to have to pay to get them painted, try the dealer. They painted mine for $225
Good luck.[8]
Old 07 Jan 2004, 09:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Pops, welcome to the Forum. I also have a '02, w/o paint. I had to have them painted because of paint marks and went with the original paint under warrenty. Good Luck!!![^]
Old 07 Jan 2004, 11:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Agreed. If you didnt paint them, someone else did.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Closed Thread