PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My replacement horn>

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jan 2004, 11:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default My replacement horn>

Not sure what I will get but one thing I know for sure, the horn I get when I lay on it, it will make the hair stand up on the guys head that tried to cut me off, the high note will blow out his windows .
Old 09 Jan 2004, 08:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Read Gear Head's post in this thread:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=5681
113Db . You want horns just below the threshold of pain!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Jan 2004, 07:52 pm
Young Cruiser

This is the one I added to my PT. Its loud and has a very distinctive sound. Air horns are great.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....2520&SKU=77839
Old 09 Jan 2004, 08:05 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RetroPT

This is the one I added to my PT. Its loud and has a very distinctive sound. Air horns are great.

Do you have a pic of it installed?

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 10 Jan 2004, 11:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RetroPT

Where did you find room for it???? [:I]
My Aoogah horn is a tight fit and is much smaller....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Jan 2004, 08:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

the one disappointment when i bought my gt was the horn. i thought about adding the "deleted" second horn, but the problem is that the horn(s) would still be muffled between the front sheetmetal and the fender liner. i bought a set of hella twin trumpet air horns. a buddy of mine and i installed the horns and compressor on a piece of aluminum flat bar (bought @ home depot) that is bolted horizontally across the front of the radiator. we just ran the power hook up from the oem horn connector to in front of the radiator. they are not large enough to block any sizable amount of air from flowing through the radiator. the compressor is dead center on the cross bar with the horns pointed down. pointing the horns down keeps the water from being a source of problems and the blast of the horns rebounds off of the pavement! what a significant difference!! there was plenty of room out in front of the radiator being that i have a e & g classics billet grille. i did not use a rocker switch to change from the factory horn to the airhorns. i just have the airhorns on all of the time (one may not have the luxury to reach for a rocker switch if the dim bulb next to you is heading into your lane) anyway, a significant upgrade and well worth it.

redrum
03gt
numerous mods inside and out
Old 10 Jan 2004, 09:00 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

redrum, how about some pics of the install?

Mercedes Wiki
Old 10 Jan 2004, 09:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

irpt--will contact a friend with a digital camera and then post them when i figure out how to post them. the pictures will show the horns with the billet grille in place and with the grille removed for a better look-see. i have painted the alum cross piece and the compressor black, but left the trumpets the original red from the factory.

redrum
03gt
numerous mods inside and out
Old 10 Jan 2004, 10:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

redrum, go here for pic posting info;

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/faq.asp

If you need any help with this let me know.

Mercedes Wiki
Old 11 Jan 2004, 03:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hella part # 85105.If you want the three-trumpet, it's 85100.Griot's, or any Hella retailer can get them for you.The only thing about them is that due to all of the air-lines, and the moving parts in the compressor, they don't last forever like an electric horn, and that's not just with the Hella horns, it's with all of them, save for the full-size road tractor horns with plumbing and a 'real' compressor, etc.You have to remember, these horns are primarily made of plastic, although the compressor of course has to have some metal in it.If you install these, make sure you angle them so that water does not sit in the trumpets like redrum did.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Closed Thread