PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
console display losing its mind

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2004, 12:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default console display losing its mind

My console display "froze" at 19 degrees and NE last week. I finally noticed that it wasn't changing on Monday. I called the service department at the DC dealership to see if they had a history of problems with them. The guy told me "no" but I could bring it in and they would check it.

Before going, I looked through the manual and found instructions on how to recalibrate it. I felt like a nut driving slowly in circles in my culdesac to recalibrate it -- but it worked!

Just curious to know if anyone else has had problems with theirs? Mine is a 2001 Ltd.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 01:18 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by comPuTer

I felt like a nut driving slowly in circles in my culdesac to recalibrate it -- but it worked!
That's funny, I wonder what your neighbors thought. When you get a chance you should ask them if they saw you and what they thought.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 15 Jan 2004, 04:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

That must be one big cul-de-sac! heh heh
Old 15 Jan 2004, 06:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

one big cul-de-sac thats for sure!! turning sucks in these cars!!
Old 15 Jan 2004, 11:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

I thought mine was broken because it said -16 degrees, however I guess all the other thermometers must have been wrong because they all said the same thing! LOL
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:30 am
Regular Cruiser

That's funny, I wonder what your neighbors thought. When you get a chance you should ask them if they saw you and what they thought

I leave for work very early in the morning (before 06:00) so I don't think anyone saw me. The cul-de-sac is plenty big to drive in circles, so I didn't have any problem there. It's true, though, that the turning radius on the PTs could use some improvement.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I did see one or 2 similar posts on another forum a long time ago - it certainly isn't a prevalent problem, but does happen.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Closed Thread