PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
hey,west coast fl. owners

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Default hey,west coast fl. owners

Any ideas on where I can park my pt on the beach to get some sunset pics?Almost got away with it on vanderbilt(naples)last night-pesky park rangers[xx(]
Don't want to go to daytona or cruise the beach-just some tropical pics.

the big grin will be in every one of them!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 09:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Head up north a few miles to Sanibel Island (no more then 30 minutes). You have to pay the $3.00 toll but once through your there. There are three bridges you go over before you actually get to Sanibel Island. Each bridge is connected by islands and you can drive, park, sunbath, bbq, etc. on these islands. On one side will be the beginning of the gulf of Mexico and a view of the light house and I believe the sun sets on this side also at this time of year. The other side gives you a view of back bay waters and many little islands.

I took tons of pictures in this same location for the calendar entry but then I was at a marina one day, took a picture, liked it and it made the calendar. Still had fun though. Nothing like an island to put you in a good frame of mind.

Anyway, take Highway 41 and at the intersection of 41 and Gladiolus take a left. Take that until you get at the intersection of Gladiolus and Summerlin. Take a left. Summerlin towards the beaches and stay on Summerlin to the end. $3.00 toll booth will greet you. You will now be able to pull over and drive and park anywhere. Good picture opportunities. Sand, palm trees and water. If you go onto the island you have to park in paylots and walk on the beach.

If your going to be around for the weekend give me a call.
(239) 851-8827
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Did I mention fishing??[8D]
Old 17 Jan 2004, 08:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Took the senic route up there yesterday about 4,big mistake,2 lane parking lot,stopped in ft.meyers at a place called times square(?),got a few good pics and a few[^].
Taking grandkids to lovers key for some outdoor shindig sat. a.m..
Swampbuggy races today too,and did I mention fishing?
the big grin eats all the shrimp 'fore cook can get it on the hook.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 10:03 am
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, this time of year (tourist season) is not the best time to go to the beach. Especially at 4PM. Especially on a Friday. 4PM is when the traffic starts to build. Go earlier in the day. A lot of picture opportunities on Sanibel Island. Some good shopping, food, etc. Earlier is better there also. Once on the island ALL the roads are one lane. Talk about parking lots.

Have fun during your stay.

If you catch those fish, I have the bbq ready to go![8D]
Old 17 Jan 2004, 03:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ThatFatBaby

OMGOSH I can't wait to move there!! 12 wks til babe is due and then app. another 12 wks and we're moving!
Old 17 Jan 2004, 10:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey fatbaby

I think you will love it here. Of course, its hot, but when you move here you know that already. Hot, jump in the pool, ocean, air condition store, job, home. Just like everything else, it boils down to ones own preference.

Where you plan on moving to in Florida?

P.S. Aren't cloth baby diapers good for the Cruisers too?
Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

I live in the Cape Coral, which is across the river from Ft Myers.
Where do you all live around the SouthWest Fl area. I read about the Sanibel thread and going down Summerlin and 41. I travel these streets alot.

Im a member of the Southwest Fl Cruiser out of NorthFort Myers meet at Victory Lane, every second Thursday of the month.

Does anybody remeber seeing a Steel Blue with a window sticker like my photo at the bottom?
Old 19 Jan 2004, 03:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

its not too bad once ya get used to it. the heat is bad for about the 1st yr, after that you get cold at 70. I'm so glad i moved, everytime i see people digging out of the noreasters on the news i just lay back and grin.I do kinda miss the twisty mountian roads though.

Its still funny to me to have a bunch of Nany battleships, destroyers, aircraft carriers, blackhawks etc. right around the corner from my house though....Did I mention, Fishing LOL
Old 19 Jan 2004, 04:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

KingKole02

I am freezing my rearend off down here in south Ft. Myers, got the fire place going every night and you want me to go upto north Ft. Myers where its colder.!

Last year I checked into the Southwest FL Cruiser club but things just didn't work out. It would be about a 45 minute drive and I don't get home until 6:30PM or so. Got to walk, feed the dogs and by that time its just to late to do much of anything. I did visit the web site though and it looks like everyone is having a good time.

I am almost out of Fort Myers. Just 1 mile south and it San Carlos Park and shortly after that Bonita Springs.

The only Cruisers farther south (that I know of) are Harrie in Naples and the visiting Cook.
Closed Thread