PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT owners

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2004, 07:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default PT owners

How many of you flash your light,wave,nodd at, honk your horn at any other cruisers or drivers letting them know you are proud of what you drive . I know that I do at least 10-15 times a day

[?]
Old 18 Jan 2004, 08:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Skeeter,

You didn't say how many of the 10-15 people wave back. Unfortunately, the PT has become such an inexpensive vehicle to buy, own and operate, that most of the PT owners out there just see it as another cheap means of transportation and probably have no idea why your waving or flashing your lights. Those of us that join these forums are the other side of the coin and it seems like there are a lot, but when you compare numbers of the enthusiasts and the number of PT's that were sold..we are in the minority. Don't give up, me and a few thousand others PT nuts will be sure to wave back.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 09:21 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I do it, but I get no response (other than a strange look). 10 to 15 times a day, you see that many other PTs. I can go for days at a time and never see one, then sometimes I'll see 2 or 3 in the same day.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 18 Jan 2004, 09:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

CREWZIN, I have to agree with you. I have flashed my lights when I drive and get mostly looks that say, "What the he$$ is that OLD f27t doing, flashing his lights"> Eventually MAYBE they'll understand.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:just see it as another cheap means of transportation and probably have no idea why your waving or flashing your lights. Those of us that join these forums are the other side of the coin
I guess that makes me the edge of the coin, then. I'm proud of my car. Every time I see it I think "Wow. My car is h-o-t-t." If someone honked at me I'd wonder if I'd cut them off, was going too slow, or any number of other things. If someone flashed their lights at me, I'd think I'd forgotten to turn my headlights on or maybe there was a speedtrap ahead. I guess that's what living in Boston, southern California, and Washington DC did to me. I have tried to make eye contact at stoplights and such, though. I'm normally thinking "Wow, your car is hot, too." They're probably thinking "Wow. You car would be really hot if it weren't that mustardy golden poo color."
Old 19 Jan 2004, 12:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Some days we will go for a cruise and everyone in a pt waves and then other times they seem to be all snots. Go Figure!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 12:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i do it to all the pt's i see get a response about half the time
Old 19 Jan 2004, 01:27 am
Cool Cruiser

I'll "reply" if someone does it to me, but I won't go out of my way to say "Hi" to other Cruisers. I do however give more "opportunities" to other PT's like letting them in ahead of me if they need to merge, or stop and let them pass if they need to make a turn in front of me.
http://connect.to/YBT
Old 19 Jan 2004, 01:36 am
Cool Cruiser

I do those things also
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 19 Jan 2004, 04:52 am
Veteran Cruiser

I've practically given up on waving at other PT's. I never get any waves back. It's not like when I got my '01 anymore.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Closed Thread