PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Decisions, decisions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Decisions, decisions

OK, my PT is only 3 weeks old and already I'm going in (tomorrow AM to be exact) for a BTG cat/back dual exhaust and maybe even a BTG strut tower brace and an AirAid intake. The exhaust is a definite, the other two are definite maybes. I've already swapped out the tail lights, put a chrome fuel door on and tinted the two front windows. Being the Platinum Series it came with the chrome door spears and grill, nice Chrysler door sills, and some nice bright work on the interior. I know I want the chrome A/C knobs sometime soon, but here's what I can't decide: I kinda love the look of the '40s front fender trim (whiskers?) but a local PT shop looked at me like I was nuts when I mentioned it and said I should do the beltline trim kit instead. I also like the chrome rear bumper trim that fits the indent in the bumper. See, I want to keep this baby super clean (mild lowering is an option) so I want to strip off all the emblems, but I'm worried that if I do that and then add this other stuff I'll be defeating the purpose. Whatcha think????
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

hey mike, they all sound cool, its really up to you
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

You will love the BTG duals.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

First decide what you want for a final look for your ride. Then start working toward that look. To get some ideas I's suggest going to PT Cruiser events in your area. See what others have done, talk to the owners and then make your plans. Good luck.[8D]

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 22 Jan 2004, 04:01 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Like BASSET said, develope an overall plan so the different pieces don't look helter skelter. I think the "whiskers" might be called "speed lines"?
There's probably no point in removing the stock emblems since you'll be adding more chrome.
On the AC knobs, there's at least three versions out so decide good-better-best before buying.

Just think it all out first. Saves mistakes and money.[xx(]
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Basset Hound

First decide what you want for a final look for your ride. Then start working toward that look. 8D]
He is absolutely right. If you dont decide you'll be spending a lot of money on something youre never happy with.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yes on lowering it a little. You will like the handing improvement as much as the look. I would have to say yes to the intake too...and of course a blow-off-valve. The strut tower brace is going to be my next addition I think. For me the beltline was not in my plans. I am not really playing up the "old look". But I do like chrome, get the MGW chrome door locks and AC knobs. They have a new chrome radio knob too. Of course you will want to do something with the stock shifter knob..Lord help me, it never ends! Welcome the the PT addiction club.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Being that mine is the Platinum Series I've already got pretty cool looking door locks. At this point I'm leaning toward a super clean look, meaning I'll most likely remove the emblems and forget about any more exterior chrome. The A/C knobs are a must as far as I'm concerned, I just love the way they look. Got the BTG cat/back duals installed today and now I'm getting power hungry! Stage 1 is starting to sound mighty attractive now!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

car looks great mike!!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 09:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

make sure you get Blane's hood struts, thats a must.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Closed Thread