Advertisements
My PT or an SRT-4

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2004, 06:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to BORICUA
Default My PT or an SRT-4

Hey, I just got home from the dodge dealer and I'm debating on what should I do...
I love the new SRT-4 and was thinking on getting one but the thing is, if I do I'll have to trade my PT in for it.
Just want to hear what you guys think I should do.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

DON'T DO IT!!!!! Where are you going to put all your groceries, 8 feet of lumber, 4 kids, 6 kegs.....and on and on and on....Plus, there are so many clubs that you can get associated with and Cruise the country....Plus, you are not going to find another forum out there like this, with all the extremly knowledgable people and just plain dang nice people. Trust me on this one..I am sure the people that will reply to this will agree with me and come up with some other reasons why as well...

BigPhil

Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

I gotta tell you guys, if I could get an SRT-4 for the same money I have in my PT (which admitedly is much lower than it should be), then i would in a heart-beat.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to BORICUA

I know, that's why i'm debating, but I also want the SRT-4, actually I want them both, But I don't know if the bank will approve me on a second car loan, I just refianced my PT like 2 months ago, I know i can afford the 2 payments easy, but I'll have to see what the bank think.
Anyways thanks and keep giving me more input guys.
P.S. Hey Bigphil where did you got that graphic in the back of your pt? I've been wanting to get one.

Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

I got it off of ebay...it was $14 bucks, delivered...they have gone up a bit since then, but think it only runs about $19....just go to ebay and in the search box type in PT Cruiser....then just go through the about 18 or so pages...tons of great, cheap stuff....they also make a kit with the flames to go on the sides of the Cruiser and the hood...you may want the whole deal...not bad price either...around $80 or so...i will look to see if i can get you a link...

BigPhil

Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

BORICUA, if you really want an SRT-4 get one. You may also want to consider a PT Turbo? If you're thinking about getting a new vehicle you owe it to yourself to a least test drive the PT Turbo. In any case, it's your car, you're the one that drives it and you're the one that knows what you want... weigh you options and get what will make you happy, after all, that's what it's all about.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

here is the link for a current auction on ebay....it is for a silver flame like mine...check it out, they have their website address listed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2455307751

BigPhil

Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

No way. Another friend was considering the same thing...
The way I look at it...it's fast, yeah, it's the new thing to have, yeah, it can be upgraded like mad to go even faster, yeah...
After all that money, it's still a Neon. blah....

my $.02, maybe only worth $.01 [:I]

but, do what makes you happy, you gotta drive it.

t
aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com
Old 22 Jan 2004, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

try your best to keep both!! your pt looks great!!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 10:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

I agree whole heartedly with Tom
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Closed Thread