Advertisements
Multifunction switch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2004, 01:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania
Default Multifunction switch

[:I] Can anyone walk me thru the installation of factory fog lights and a new multifunction switch on a 2003 basic PT. Dealer wants $142. for parts and $210.00 insatllation. Not sure if wiring is in the steering column already or new cables have to be run. Wiring is where the lights go (found them). Kit includes lights, multi switch, and additional wiring. I understand sometimes the harness is prewired, how do you know. I want to start this after weather breaks (if ever). I have Chiltons Repair manual, can't seem to find what I'm looking for!!! All help appreciated
Thanks Gonz
Old 26 Jan 2004, 02:23 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Rolo

I would spring for the Service Manual; I got mine from Wyckoff. That way you know you have every procedure and the same guide the dealer has. It is also available in PDF format.

There was a non-fog light multifunction switch for sale on eBay because the owner added foglights. You may want to try to contact him.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 08:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Try this guy - works for a parts dept of a Chrysler dealer - I found prices were good - he posted on another forum:
Jeff Hunter -
email: Jeff@RHJeep
try him for a price on the switch and manual - cant' hurt!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Feb 2004, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Installed OEM fog lights on my 2003 basic today, only took about 45 minutes. I didn't have to install wiring harness because it was all ready prewired. I have instructions if any body needs them just contact me.

Gonz
Old 23 Feb 2004, 05:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool. Every now and then, you win one!

Why not submit instructions to PTDoItYourself.Net (understand they're down right now).
Old 23 Feb 2004, 05:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Already have e-mailed Mopar instruction book to ed at D/I/Y. He was a lot of help on figuring out if I was prewired in my harness.

Gonz
Closed Thread