PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
EZ Pass ?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2004, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default EZ Pass ?

I registered for EZ Pass which requires an exterior unit which is mounted to the top screws on the front license plate bracket. I'm currently opting to use zip ties since the license plate doesn't align with the top holes on the license plate mounting bracket.

I know I'm probably narrowing the fields quite a bit, but does anyone with an O2 PT (the only year which requires front mounted EZ Pass) have experience with the mounting of the pass on their car? Any advice?

Should the zip ties hold?

tia,
~c.
Old 06 Feb 2004, 10:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

This may be a dumb question. What's EZ Pass?

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 06 Feb 2004, 10:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

snittykitty, Why don't you get the tag that mounts to the inside of the windshield.
Old 06 Feb 2004, 10:35 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snittykitty

I registered for EZ Pass which requires an exterior unit which is mounted to the top screws on the front license plate bracket. I'm currently opting to use zip ties since the license plate doesn't align with the top holes on the license plate mounting bracket.

I know I'm probably narrowing the fields quite a bit, but does anyone with an O2 PT (the only year which requires front mounted EZ Pass) have experience with the mounting of the pass on their car? Any advice?

Should the zip ties hold?
tia,
~c.
snittykitty, I haven't had any experience with the EX pass but I've used zip ties for a fastener on all kinds of stuff. They should hold just fine, I would get the larger ones, they are thicker and much harder to break.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 06 Feb 2004, 10:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Basset Hound, EZPass is a electronic prepaid toll collector, mostly used in the northeast.
Old 06 Feb 2004, 11:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have a smart tag and an ez pass - I just hold it up when I go through the booths... If you want mount the velcro tape up on the left side of the window - and take it down when not using - but you can not mount it behind the mirror - OH yes take that big black transponder back and get the little white one... When the shiped me one they ship the black unit that mounts by the frount plate
Old 06 Feb 2004, 11:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

From the EZ Pass website:
Quote:
quote:The vehicles listed below are equipped with special windshields that contain metal in the glass (metal oxide) that prevents the E-ZPass tag from being read properly. Windshields with solar ray glass, solar tint, heated or heat reflective windshields, and insulated or Insta-Clear glass may also affect the tag being read properly.
The 02 is the only year listed. Anyone know which of those pertains to the 02?

I didn't get a choice between interior windshield or exterior mount bc of the car I registered, an 02 PT, but would have asked for the exterior mount anyway. I don't like stuff on the windshield.

Thanks everyone for their help thus far.
Old 06 Feb 2004, 11:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

snittykitty, here in Florida when I got my e-pass, the instructions said to mount it in front of the rearview mirror. I do have a 02 PT, but the transponder was moved from a 02 D/C Chrysler T&C van. I must assume that states have different rules. Good Luck!!!
Old 07 Feb 2004, 12:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hooligan,

Don't you mean the SunPass? I have the little white SunPass box that's supposed to be mounted on the windshield on either side of the rearview mirror but I use it on three different cars (depending on which I'm driving on the Turnpike) so I just carry it along and hold it up to the glass as I pass thru. Hasn't let me down yet.
Old 07 Feb 2004, 02:31 am
Cool Cruiser

Someone has given you bad advice. the windshield you are talking about are only on cars with heated windshields. I have a 02 Limited I have had E-Z Pass for over a year stuck on the inside of my windshield. I have had no problem
Closed Thread