PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Newbie with a Question

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2004, 11:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Newbie with a Question

I am looking at buying a 2001 Cruiser, but I am wondering if there is anything I should be weary of. It has 35,000 miles, looks to be really taken care of. I am in Arizona and it is in Texas, so I haven't seen it personally, but was provided many good photos. They will let me have it for $11,000. It has Xenon bumpers front and rear, eibach springs, and a Hahn turbo kit. I am wondering about how reliable these cars are since I have never owned one. Does this sound too good to be true? Thanks.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 12:38 am
Cool Cruiser

Opiate,
It has all of that stuff and they are only asking $11,000???? Sounds too good to be true, especially if the turbo unit is in good shape...where is it at in Texas? Let me know, and if it is not too far, I will not mind checking it out for you...let me know what you think!
BigPhil

Old 25 Jun 2004, 01:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

That is VERY generous of you. It is in or near Houston is all I know at this point. I ran it through CARFAX and everything came back clean. Thanks.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:02 am
Cool Cruiser

remember: carfax only covers flooding, totals, and sales. if the driver beat the bejesus out of the car carfax would never know.

look at the condition of the tires. look for rubber behind the front tires on the paint (signs of peelingout).
look under the car, are there gouges on the under carrage from bottoming the car out?
What about the interior? if they arent nice on the inside do you think theyd be nice to the rest of it?

Just a few things that i keep in mind when shopping.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Here are a few of the pics I have.

Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

LOL OOPS Here you go!

Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:38 am
Cool Cruiser

The PT looks in excellent condition and well taken care-off. Looks like the owner kept the PT showroom clean, which is a good sign of it being well taken care off.

However, the Hahn Turbo kit is kind of a rare modification for PT's and the only person that is really knowledgable of such a kit is the creator Bob Stockum (I think that's how you spell his name). Finding support on PT forums for this kind of set up will be very limited.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 02:43 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with ^^

and ive seen this PT on Ebay and i looked at all the pictures, and I can tell its in excellent condition.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 08:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Looks good. I'd only be concerned at what the boost for the turbo is - if the boost is kept low, should be no problem.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Jun 2004, 10:21 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

Only $11K!!! Thats a good deal if it really is in that good of condition.

We payed $10,600 for my 01 Limited, 34K miles, at a dealer. Blue Book was about $13,200. But it was also stock.

Closed Thread