PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
ptdoityourself.net

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2004, 02:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Default ptdoityourself.net

Has everyone here signed up and PAID for this site? i understand that some things like custom mods should be paid for but unless im missing something, they want you to subscribe to get instructions on how to change your spark plugs.

Old 26 Jun 2004, 08:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

bear,

If you've never changed your own plugs (specially in a PT) it can be a little daunting and the pictures and explanation in the do-it-yourself site can be very helpful. There are thousands of helpful hints in that site for anyone thinking about modding out their cruiser. All the trouble codes and what to look for and hundreds of questions and answers from owners needing help. I've had my cruiser over 3 years and used the non-paid site many times but now that I've done almost all that I'm going to do to my PT, I don't see myself needing that kind of information...but if your just starting out...it could be a very helpful tool.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 12:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Dont be so cheap. That site has tons of good information and pictures to go along with them. It is by far the best site to go to for repair type work and tips on doing the job.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 12:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

O I forgot to answer your question...I PAID for that site and it is worth every penny...
Old 26 Jun 2004, 12:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

OK, thats what i needed to know. Ive paid for sites before and been sorely disapointed with the info there was inside.

*prepares to say adeu to $20 of the money he was saving towards the exaust.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 26 Jun 2004, 01:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Dont be so cheap.
^ Cheap shot ^

Apparently the PT community is not as user friendly as, say the Corvette community. Having been an administrator for a Corvette Forum for a couple of years I can say this with first hand knowledge. One could rebuild any generation of Corvette without paying for the correct info from any source. Owners of these american classics are more than willing to share their own experiences in all the processes of the corvette repair and restoration. Members have traveled well across state lines to offer help to other members in need. The Forum I was associated with never asked for funds of any kind. That was a by-law set fourth in the mission statment. Infact we wouldn't even allow a "pay per view" site to be posted. Paying for info is a way to go if one has nowhere else to turn....but isn't that what forums are for? I don't doubt that the PT site offers great information for the owners of PT's, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

Just my .02 [^]

www.Stone-PT.com

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 02:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stone-PT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Dont be so cheap.
^ Cheap shot ^

Apparently the PT community is not as user friendly as, say the Corvette community. Having been an administrator for a Corvette Forum for a couple of years I can say this with first hand knowledge. One could rebuild any generation of Corvette without paying for the correct info from any source. Owners of these american classics are more than willing to share their own experiences in all the processes of the corvette repair and restoration. Members have traveled well across state lines to offer help to other members in need. The Forum I was associated with never asked for funds of any kind. That was a by-law set fourth in the mission statment. Infact we wouldn't even allow a "pay per view" site to be posted. Paying for info is a way to go if one has nowhere else to turn....but isn't that what forums are for? I don't doubt that the PT site offers great information for the owners of PT's, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

Just my .02 [^]
Stone PT, I have to take exception to your comments, IMHO he has set up this site using other peoples info into a very easy way to search and find the answers to almost any question a PT owner may have on their vehicle. The money I've spent on the PT is nowhere near the paltry amount that is requested.

I have used that site when it was free and YES I've paid my $20 and am glad the info is at my fingerteps.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 05:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

STONE....HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR CORVETTE.......
Old 27 Jun 2004, 06:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I used it when it was free.And I paid when they wanted
money.I've used it several times.I;ve paid more in shipping
sending mods back that didn't fit than I spent there.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 27 Jun 2004, 06:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

I paid because it was cheaper than buying a shop manual...
I do think its complete cr** that a lot of those instructions were donated by other PTers BEFORE it was a pay site....

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Closed Thread