Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WOW !#$@!! Test Drive, Turbo it is !!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default WOW !#$@!! Test Drive, Turbo it is !!!

Well,

Just got back from the dealer, drove the standard, the Turbo Lite and a GT Convertible. I feel 10 years younger, the wife looks 10 years older (scared!). The base model was rather slow, and even the wife did not like it.

The GT realy seems like they crammed a whole can o'whoop ass in a small car. It was like driving a go cart, turn into a corner floor it and feel the power, or burn out across the intersections.

So, I can get the turbo lite and an Stage 1 kit will give similar performance? If so that is the way I will go. I may or may not do the upgrade, as this will mostly be a commuter, and I don't want scare the kids too much!

Looks like I will head back to the dealer later and see what I can find in an electric blue, Turbo lite, with a few other goodies. No chrome, I think I will be visiting the online stores for awhile. I want the K&N filter, strut brace, a decent stereo with MP3 and who knows what else.

Thanks (I think) for those that suggested I try the turbo, although I may be cursing you when I get that first ticket!

Mike (soon to be owner of Elec. blue 2.4 turbo)
Old 26 Jun 2004, 05:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good luck in finding just what you want!!! Welcome to the Forum!!![^]
Old 26 Jun 2004, 06:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:nozzano22 Posted - 06/26/2004 : 3:52:36 PM
Well,

So, I can get the turbo lite and an Stage 1 kit will give similar performance? If so that is the way I will go. I may or may not do the upgrade, as this will mostly be a commuter, and I don't want scare the kids too much!
Turbo Lite + Stage 1 will give you more power than a standard GT. As far as HP and torque go, Stage 1 added to either turbo yields the same result.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 08:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know how you feel when u test drove the turbo, same goes to me. I have a 02 LE and Im trying to sell it and either try to trade it in because the dealer is gonna get me a 04 GT for only 21K.. yeah 21K, they have some kind of june special going on so.. I dunno what to do, I owe 15K on my pt and they want 12K.

Oh Well I'll keep trying.

and good luck getting yours too.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 10:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

Don't the GT's only run 15's in the 1/4 stock? [:I]

Old 26 Jun 2004, 10:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

The 180 Hp turbo is a regular PT engine with a turbo bolted on at a lower boost. The GT engine has a much stronger bottom end that will take much higher boost. If you start messing with higher horsepower mods on the 180 horsepower engine you might end up with a bunch of broken parts laying in your oil pan
Old 27 Jun 2004, 03:16 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Grouch Posted - 06/26/2004 : 9:39:38 PM
The 180 Hp turbo is a regular PT engine with a turbo bolted on at a lower boost. The GT engine has a much stronger bottom end that will take much higher boost. If you start messing with higher horsepower mods on the 180 horsepower engine you might end up with a bunch of broken parts laying in your oil pan
I beg to differ with you on this: according to no less an authority than 3barboost the only difference between the HO and Lite turbos is the PCM - that's it. tthrift has gone through the entire parts list (easy for him as he's parts manager at a Chrysler/Jeep dealership) and confirms that everything is the same.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 05:07 am
Senior Cruiser

I knew once you drove a turbo,you would be hooked.
Good luck in finding what you want.LOve that electric blue.
I agree with Mike.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 27 Jun 2004, 06:33 am
Cool Cruiser

MikeIO,
Did Tommy say if the lites had the piston sprayers?
Tom
Old 27 Jun 2004, 03:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by THier

MikeIO,
Did Tommy say if the lites had the piston sprayers?
Tom
It's the same engine as the HO, sprayers and all. Just detuned for regular fuel. (is there an echo in here?)
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Closed Thread