Advertisements
New Owner with Interior lighting question

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2004, 03:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Owner with Interior lighting question

Hey all,
I (actually my girlfriend) just got a 04 GT and we have a question about the interior lightings.

Tonight we noticed that on the power windows button (center four button section), the buttons for the rear two windows don't light up. Is it suppose to be like that? There seems to be some sort of light on the button itself. The lock/unlock buttons on both the driver's side and passenger's side are like that. Is it normal? Thanks in advance.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 07:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forumes and PT ownership. Dunno about the dash switches, but the lock/unlock door switches USED to light up, but I think in 2003 they stopped making them that way. Some Yahoo at Chrysler probably got a bonus for figuring out how much they'd save....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Jun 2004, 10:47 am
Regular Cruiser

On my '04 Touring, only the top (front) window switches light up. So much for progress.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 06:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Don is right .I've got an 03 and 04 they are both the same way.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the replies.
It's weird because the switch actually has the lighting element in it but just won't lit up. [:I]
Old 30 Jun 2004, 09:44 am
Senior Cruiser

There is a thread some where on directions how to hook up the lights so they work like the top ones. The directions were excellent and seem like it would be fairly easy to do. If interested I'll do a search but it might take a day or so. It may not look like it but I am pretty busy at work now.[8D]
Old 02 Jul 2004, 10:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'm interested in the thread for making the lights work. Thanks for the offer.
Old 04 Jul 2004, 05:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

That would be great. Thanks bigdogdad.
Old 04 Jul 2004, 12:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Been having line problems with the computer but up and running again. I have searched all morning with no luck. Its got to be some where. I even searched other forums. I'll continue for a while. Sorry guys, I hope to find it soon.
Old 04 Jul 2004, 01:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

Been having line problems with the computer but up and running again. I have searched all morning with no luck. Its got to be some where. I even searched other forums. I'll continue for a while. Sorry guys, I hope to find it soon.
From Dalite (maybe get in touch with him)

On the Window Switch issue....

I took the switch unit apart, de-soldered the circuit board from the anchors, and slid it off to take a look at the other side (Where the lights are attached).

There were mounting locations for the lights for the rear switches.

The switch body was still translucent to allow the light to pass through the switch body and be viewed through the "window" that is still on the rear window switches.

For the price of 2 bulbs, they decided to no longer light the rear window switches
Closed Thread