Advertisements
Radio stops working when treble is moved

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2004, 09:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ericraum
Default Radio stops working when treble is moved

Hey, this is real crazy, I just bought an 01' PT Touring Edition, it has the stock radio in it, but....every time I move the treble control, the music stops and the radio flashed until I move the treble control back in the nuetral position. Any comments or has anybody heard or seen this before? Thanks, Eric. Also, other than that I'm real happy to get this cruiser, I'll have to take a picture, I think its one cool looking machine!
Old 02 Jul 2004, 12:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum, so, um, welcome.

Just checked out your band's website and downloaded the clips of some of your music. I like it a lot, you guys have a really nice sound....how do I get a CD of your new EP?
Old 02 Jul 2004, 07:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I haven't a clue as to your problem, but the solution may be to buy a used stock radio/CD from someone who's replaced theirs, or from a crashed PT that is being parted out - check the classified section on this and other PT forums. I'd stick with an '01, I think the wiring harness changed in later years
And Welcome to the Forum and PT ownership!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Jul 2004, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ericraum

Hey, Mike-in-Orange, thanks for checking out my band! We are starting to play alot in the Minneapolis, MN area. We usually just sell the 3 song demo at our shows, but I can mail you one for free if you send me your address, thanks again!
-Eric Raum