Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
MY PT Got New Wheels (GT Wheels)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2004, 10:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default MY PT Got New Wheels (GT Wheels)

Well Some of you remembered I was selling my PT, since nobody has called or the dealer didnt want to give me more so I called a junkyard... to see if they got any rims from a gt cruiser.. and I Found some 4 Chrome GT Wheels for only $800. Im happy with it and It makes my cruiser looks cool.

Im in the process of removing the roof rack and get a spoiler added and maybe springs.

Heres some pics.

Old 02 Jul 2004, 10:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lookin Good !

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Jul 2004, 10:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Hello Cruizin2k, that's awesome, those look so good. My wifes DC2 has the same wheels and I wondered if you could put them on a non GT. Did you have any problems with your rear brakes or does you PT have rear disc brakes. Mine is a N/A 03TE with standard everything[:0], I would sure like to be able to get some Turbo wheels on mine[:X]
Old 03 Jul 2004, 12:27 am
Young Cruiser

They look good on other cars too, like my 92 LeBaron (17" Painted PT GT Wheels) and my wifes Sebring(another set of 17" PT GT Wheels), as well as my 2004 GT(Chrome 17's):

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 03 Jul 2004, 12:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by smfrycruzr

Hello Cruizin2k, that's awesome, those look so good. My wifes DC2 has the same wheels and I wondered if you could put them on a non GT. Did you have any problems with your rear brakes or does you PT have rear disc brakes. Mine is a N/A 03TE with standard everything[:0], I would sure like to be able to get some Turbo wheels on mine[:X]
I sound like an idiot.. i dont know if i got Rear Disc Brakes.. does it means it has ABS? If so i dont have that and It just fits on well, no problems or anything and I love it, Im sure the GT Wheels will fit on ur PT Too.

btw my pt is a 2002 limited edition so.. go figure.
Old 03 Jul 2004, 03:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Hmmmm I better start putting wheel locks on my GT wheels soon, I sense as shortage of turbo wheels comming.
Old 03 Jul 2004, 04:30 am
Senior Cruiser

looking good Cruizin2k.I think you will like the spoiler,I sure
do.smfrycruzer,wheels from a GT or turbo lite will fit your
Cruiser no matter what brakes you have.It's the GT that has larger
brakes ,so not all Cruiser wheels will fit it.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 03 Jul 2004, 10:17 am
Young Cruiser

Hello Jimbo, thanks for the info. I knew one worked one way but not the other. [^]
Old 03 Jul 2004, 04:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

Those wheels look nice. I wonder if anybody has ever put a set of old Cragar wheels on a Cruiser before...

Also, Harper, where did you get those headlights cover? I have a black Cruiser too, I think they look good.

Old 03 Jul 2004, 09:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Konkeler

Those wheels look nice. I wonder if anybody has ever put a set of old Cragar wheels on a Cruiser before...

Also, Harper, where did you get those headlights cover? I have a black Cruiser too, I think they look good.
They are from a site called speedgraphics.net. They are the carbon fiber look PT eyelids. Heres the link:
http://www.speedgraphics.net/cgi-bin...xact_match=yes

You can request that the PT cutout be removed like mine, or keep it in. Hope that helps!

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Closed Thread