PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What edition do I have?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What edition do I have?

I just purchased a used PT and I am getting mixed signals as to which edition it is. It is a 2001. Is there a DEFINITE way to tell? There is no emblem on the rear. I have a moonroof, front air bags only, leather seats that are embroidered with PT Criuser on the headrests, disc brakes on the front only, and I can't think of anything else defining. I checked the sticker on the drivers door, that doesn't tell me, the damn title doesn't even say. Can you guys help? Oh, it has ABS I think.
Old 06 Jul 2004, 07:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jmack

I have a 2001 Opiate, From what I know, it sounds like you have a Limited Edition. Never seen embroidered headrests though. Hm. Is it on the Deal sheet ?
Old 06 Jul 2004, 08:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

Mine doesn't have Emroided Headrest either.

What kind of wheels does it have? 16inch 5-Spoke rims?? Sounds to me like a Limited.

Old 06 Jul 2004, 08:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I would assume it is used.
Assuming the labels weren't shaved off, then you are describing a base model or a touring edition.
If you have steel wheels with covers, cloth seats, no privacy glass it is a base model. (2001 it wasn't called the classic edition).
If you have cloth seats, moon roof and aluminum wheels with a dimple in the spoke, it's prolly a touring edition.
If you have suede leather mix, with front disc, privacy glass then it may be a limited.
The embroidery is definly aftermarket as this is not a option (from the factory) for PT's. The only embroidered versions are the DC 1 and 2. (which are gold and tangerine in color respectively).

So, i would say it is a Limited Edition.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 07 Jul 2004, 01:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hmmm, that doesn't help. The wheels are aftermarket, Lexani. The seats are not leather and suede, just leather. Now I really don't know what I have. I thought Limiteds had side airbags? I will post some pics.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 01:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Here you go, you may have seen it on EBAY before,

Old 07 Jul 2004, 02:35 am
Regular Cruiser

I think you have a Touring Edition with aftermarket leather seatcovers. The badging has obviously been removed from the exterior.
Base models or Classics didn't come with some of the things you described and Limiteds have leather/suede seating surfaces. If you look under the present leather surface and found more leather it would be a Limited but I really think it is a Touring model and a pretty sweet one at that !
Old 07 Jul 2004, 02:44 am
Cool Cruiser

im going to ask something stupid. isnt that a turbo? look at the black tube with the blue star on it goign towards the front of the car. I agree with the previous post though, it looks alot like a nicely modded touring edition. My touring has the non folding mirrors like yours.
Im no pro though.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 07 Jul 2004, 02:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, It has a Hahn turbo. I haven't heard about the mirrors before. Thanks for the compliments. So it sounds like it is a touring edition. I guess thats cool. It has really been fun to drive, I have only had it for a few days. I did smoke a mustang on the freeway already, that was fun.
Old 07 Jul 2004, 06:23 am
Cool Cruiser

That's the "ONE SWEET PT" Edition.