Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wife totaled Cruiser yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2007, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Wife totaled Cruiser yesterday

Wife hit a chevy pickup head on when truck run stop sign. Both air bags went off --she was wearing seat belt and walked away with a few bruises .
Now the fun begins. it was a 2001 (it is totaled) with 123000 miles on it. Most everyone who seen it before the accident thought it was new . It was as clean as new without exagerating.
Haven't had insurance adjuster look at it yet but am in fear that with the 123000 they will try and screw us over. I would not have taken less than 8500 for it before the accident.
hope to get enough to replace it with one at least as nice. What should i expect ?
Old 15 May 2007, 01:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Wife totaled Cruiser yesterday

You will be offered 'book value' for the car, which varies a bit with options and condition:
Figure 2-3 thousand.

The insurance adjuster will point out that the car is in Poor Condition, what with the deployed airbags, mashed metal, etc.
(Compared to Insurance Adjusters, IRS Auditors are friendlier then a wet birddog.)

If you can show service records, etc. you might get the high end of the range.
(Minus several hundred for the grime on the upper side of the muffler, of course.)

I am sorry for your financial loss, but glad your PT kept your wife alive.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 19 May 2007, 10:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Here's some very important info when dealing with insurance claims,
Haury's Lake City Collision | Seattle | 206-365-1565 | Specializing in European, Import & Domestic collision repair | BMW, Mini, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Acura, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Infinity, Nissan, Mazda...

and some info on making sure your car is fix properly,
Haury's Lake City Collision | Seattle | 206-365-1565 | Specializing in European, Import & Domestic collision repair | BMW, Mini, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Acura, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Infinity, Nissan, Mazda...

and some more info on choosing good insurance,

I have no relation to this shop, but I know Jeff to be a big advocate for car owners vs. insurance companies. Good luck.
Steve

One more thing. Please be aware that this info is based out of Washington State, but alot of it will be good nation wide.

Last edited by E30Memorial; 19 May 2007 at 10:37 pm.
Old 21 May 2007, 02:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that sucks !! the most impotant thing is the wife is ok good luck with the ins company keep us posted on what happens
Old 03 Jul 2007, 07:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Everything turned out well----little dikering with Insur company. It was in storage and they wanted to wrap it up so they were not having to pay a daily storage charge. As soon as they realized i was in no hurry to settle they came around.
I flew to NC and bought a one owner 01 with 19000 miles on it. All the options and like new. whole pakg with airfare state taxes ended up costing me about 700.00
Old 03 Jul 2007, 09:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to infernocruisr01

Thats great meredog!!! Show some pics so we all can see. Glad everything turned out good for you.
Old 04 Jul 2007, 12:19 am
Regular Cruiser

I am sooo glad your wife came through this OK. I'm amazed at how many stories I've read about horrible wrecks in the PT and the occupants just walked away - headons, rollovers, etc. These cars like their owners as much as the owners like the cars!!

But......wow!!! You found a 2001 PT with just 19,000 miles on it!!! That's amazing!!
Old 05 Jul 2007, 07:01 am
Young Cruiser

i have a 02 limited with 40000 miles , its loaded with factory ghost flames , heated leather&suede and sunroof ect..... whats that worth???
Old 05 Jul 2007, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob67firebird428 View Post
i have a 02 limited with 40000 miles , its loaded with factory ghost flames , heated leather&suede and sunroof ect..... whats that worth???
To you "PRICELESS". To the dealer/next owner not as much. Unfortunally those of us that have put many $$$'s into our cars so they look good to us, may not have the appeal to the next person.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar