Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FINALLY...03 TOURING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2007, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool FINALLY...03 TOURING

AFTER SEARCHING FOR OVER A YEAR , I FINALLY PICKED UP A PT...AN 03 TOURING ....WAS WAITING TO FIND ONE WITH A MOONROOF AND LOW MILES(ONLY 12,000). I'M SO HAPPY...HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS THOUGH..CAR COMES WITH A CD PLAYER AND TAPE DECK(UPGRADED STOCK STEREO) BUT CAN I CONNECT AN IPOD TO IT? ALSO CAR HAS A SERIOUS MUSTY SMELL TO IT ANY SUGGESTIONS TO GET RID OF IT? I AM PROBABLY TAKING IT THIS WEEKEND TO GET INTERIOR DETAILED(POSSIBLY SHAMPOO INTERIOR-SEATS AND FLOORMATS)...BUT I DONT KNOW IF THAT WILL HELP ...I ONLY HAVE HAD THE CAR 2 DAYS BUT HAVE TRIES 10 AIR FRESHENERS, BOTTLE OF FEBREEZE, AND A CARPET SPRAY......ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BUT OTHERWISE I JUST LOVE THE CAR..THANKS
Old 24 May 2007, 06:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: FINALLY...03 TOURING

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new-2-you PT Cruiser. Yes, that musty smell has popped up many times before in the forums. If I remember right, it comes from inside the air-conditioning vents and ducting and Fabreeze was the quick answer by spraying it inside any access holes you can reach. It wasn't a long term solution though. There is an area where an outside-to-inside filter can be put in (they don't come with the car when purchased). It's behind the cowling under the hood on the passenger side. If you can get in there, try the Fabreeze and a new filter from the dealer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2007, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !! enjoy it !!
Old 10 Jun 2007, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

For my iPod, I just used one of those cassette connectors from Belkin. It looks like a regular cassette, but it's got a wire and connector that fits your iPod. Just insert the cassette, plug in your iPod and go. The cheap ones are really bad as far as fidelity is concerned, so you'd do best to pay $20 or so on a good one. Those FM broadcast things have never worked for me or any of my friends.

Good Luck!
Old 10 Jun 2007, 10:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to infernocruisr01

My brother uses his ipod in his tacoma with an fm converter he hasn't had any troubles with it at all. So i'd do a little more research before you choose
Old 10 Jun 2007, 10:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah, I think it depends on your car and radio, really. Also, the FM band in my area is pretty full, so that could be why they never worked for me. The cassette things work for me and sound better than the radio things, so that's what I use.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 03:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Congrats on the new Cruiser and welcome!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 01:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo44pct View Post
...., CAR HAS A SERIOUS MUSTY SMELL TO IT ANY SUGGESTIONS TO GET RID OF IT? ...

It might be mold in the AC evaporator, open all windows, get a full can of lysol (in the scent you like best), turn on fan with vent open, then from outside the car, spray lysol into the cabin air intake. It's located below the windshield on the passenger side. You might have to do this a few times over a few day period.

A side note---- The PT sold in the US comes with no cabin air filter, but many of us have bought one from mopar. If the previous owner(s) have installed one, it will probably need to be changed and will also hinder you from spraying lysol into the evaporator.

I've found that the cabin air filter lasts a year (your mileage may vary due to many factors). When dirty, it cuts down on fresh air coming into the car.

Good luck
srg

Last edited by SRG; 11 Jun 2007 at 07:28 pm.