Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
hi! new to forum but not cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2007, 02:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default hi! new to forum but not cruiser

hello... i posted most of this in the "lowest milage" thread, then figured i'd start my own...

hi, my name is Ari (pronounced "airy). i'm a female aged 28. i'm married, we have a 2.5 year old daughter. we live in Modesto, CA (central valley).

ABOUT MY CRUISER: i've got an 2005 Inferno Red base model- automatic. had locks done to be electric... installed alarm- that controls "keyless entry" . i got it brand new June 6, 2005. had (i think?) 17 miles on it. now it's just around the corner from 18,000 miles. i keep it clean all the time (although she could use a bath right now) I LOVE IT! it was my dream car! (and still is- although i'd rather have GT, but finances at the time of purchace wouldn't allow for that- oh well not a big deal)

my other passions are The Beatles and SCOOTERS! i like all scooters but favor Vespas. i have 2 "modern" (new, not all "modded" out ) vespas that i just can't get enough of!

anyone else here like scooters?

well thanks for letting me introduce myself in this long post! lookin forward to hangin out around here!
Old 31 May 2007, 07:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: hi! new to forum but not cruiser

Hello and welcome to the forums. You are now part of a wonderful and knowledgable group of folks.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 31 May 2007, 09:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

WELCOME to the forum Ari. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here. If you intend to mod your cruiser, don't hesitate to ask about a particular product as oe of us might know a good deal for you somewhere. Most of us have dealt with numerous aftermarket vendors and know who to stay away from and where to get the best price.

I'm sure I've seen another owner from Modesto but I'm not sure if it was this forum or another. There might even be a PT club somewhere around your area.

Enjoy your cruiser.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 May 2007, 02:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
WELCOME to the forum Ari. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here. If you intend to mod your cruiser, don't hesitate to ask about a particular product as oe of us might know a good deal for you somewhere. Most of us have dealt with numerous aftermarket vendors and know who to stay away from and where to get the best price.

I'm sure I've seen another owner from Modesto but I'm not sure if it was this forum or another. There might even be a PT club somewhere around your area.

Enjoy your cruiser.
there is a club around here but i haven't joined it.... cruiserfest is here! this weekend!
Old 31 May 2007, 04:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

That's cool, another scooter person on this site. I've been spending most of my time modifying a 1980 Vespa P200, it has a 210 Malosii kit rebored to 230cc, SIP pipe, dropped bars, the whole thing is pretty much tricked out. My wife liked it so much that we ended up getting her a 1999 Italjet Velocifero. I'm probably going to mod the engine on that one too. Was going to get her a new LX 150, but at 5 grand, yikes. And you said you've got two?

I can just hear my PT GT complaining about not getting any attention

Anyways welcome to the forum and are there any scooter rallies over there in Modesto, plenty here in SF? Also What's Cruiserfest, I havn't heard about that one.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 01 Jun 2007, 12:12 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt
Cool Re: hi! new to forum but not cruiser

Welcome! I am the moderator here on the forum.. I am from Sacramento myself so I am glad to have another central valley member enjoying the heat about to seige us. I am glad I am making my pilgramage to Morro Bay here soon to escape it.
Old 01 Jun 2007, 01:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
That's cool, another scooter person on this site. I've been spending most of my time modifying a 1980 Vespa P200, it has a 210 Malosii kit rebored to 230cc, SIP pipe, dropped bars, the whole thing is pretty much tricked out. My wife liked it so much that we ended up getting her a 1999 Italjet Velocifero. I'm probably going to mod the engine on that one too. Was going to get her a new LX 150, but at 5 grand, yikes. And you said you've got two?

I can just hear my PT GT complaining about not getting any attention

Anyways welcome to the forum and are there any scooter rallies over there in Modesto, plenty here in SF? Also What's Cruiserfest, I havn't heard about that one.
sweet! yes i have a '07 Dragon Red LX150 w/black seat and an '06 Black GTS250ie w/ a tan seat...

are you on modernvespa.com? i am- same user name as on here. if you aren't you should check it out- TONS of people in the bay area post there and get together often.

my cruiser definatly does not like the vespas! she's so dirty right now- boooo me!

omg you haven't heard of cruiserfest? google it... it's a big cruiser get-together/show the first weekend in june every year. if you can come out let me know, maybe we can meet up. it's pretty dang neat!
Old 01 Jun 2007, 02:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !! and enjoy !!
Old 01 Jun 2007, 02:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldpt View Post
Welcome! I am the moderator here on the forum.. I am from Sacramento myself so I am glad to have another central valley member enjoying the heat about to seige us. I am glad I am making my pilgramage to Morro Bay here soon to escape it.
no cruiserfest for you?
Old 01 Jun 2007, 03:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome Ari from Florida!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar