PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
strange sound found!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2007, 04:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default strange sound found!

hi all-

just wanted to share this solved mystery sound.

i recently changed out my rear pillar speakers. shortly after installing them, i heard a rolling and click sound from the back of the car EVERY TIME i turned a corner. it drove me nuts. i thought a screw or bolt fell down the pillar, so i removed the pillars again and found nothing.

i finally discovered it was a broken off bulb inside the third brake light. actually, all 3 bulbs were out - all blackish gray - on the inside.

i've never seen a bulb that completely popped apart. it probably mistakenly got wet with windex while washing the back window.

anyway, next time you hear a rolling click sound - check your third brake light.
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.
Old 01 Jun 2007, 02:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: strange sound found!

glad you fiqured it out !!
Old 06 Jun 2007, 10:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: strange sound found!

Glad your noise was just a bulb, when I worked at Sears auto center, we had a customer come in and got new shocks and struts. A short time later he came back furious. he was calling us every name in the book. We pulled his car on the rack, checked the shocks, exhaust, spare tire, all was nice and tight. no source to the banging noise. Somebody asked " Anybody check the trunk???" Well, we found his noise, his bowling ball had come out of the bag, and was rolling back and forth loose in the trunk. SOB never did apologize for the nasty things he called us.