Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Recent member and purchaser of a PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2007, 01:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Recent member and purchaser of a PT Cruiser

Hey all, i joined mainly to get a question answered, and I thank you for your inputs......but here's my introduction!

I Purchased a brand new PT Cruiser (okay it had 15 miles on it) on May 19, 2007. I purchased it from Golick Chrysler Jeep in Pitcairn, PA.....i'd recommend them to anybody! I dealt directly with the owner who gave further discounts beyond the Chrysler rebates and brought it down by $2,700. It's a very small dealership that's been in business for over 50 years.

It's marine blue, with automatic transmission, a/c, Sirius Radio. It's the standard, not GT or limited edition. I liked it because it looks cool, and also that I can carry a lot of stuff since i'm moving to Harrisonburg VA shortly. I had things narrowed to the Pontiac Vibe and Volkswagen Rabbit. The Vibe didn't tackle hills very well, but carried more cargo and got better gas mileage - but i'm not sure about on the mountains. The Rabbit was smaller, more powerful, with the Tiptronic Transmission which I thought was cool - but the Vibe and Rabbit were pricier than the Cruiser, but that's not the only reason I picked the Cruiser. As I said, the Vibe didn't tackle hills very well and had rather lousy acceleration. The Rabbit was smaller and while i could fold the rear seats, didn't have enough cargo space. The Cruiser, IMO, is a happy medium for me. Plus, maybe i'm dreaming but in the next few years I hope to start a family and I think the Cruiser would be practical for such a thing. I've had colleagues come out just to look at the cruiser. I'm very happy with it, aside from the little noise issue (see my other posts) and I love it! Excellent car! (BTW on the highway, i've been getting 27mpg, and city 23mpg)
Old 12 Jun 2007, 05:17 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Recent member and purchaser of a PT Cruiser

Welcome to the forums.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 07:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
From what I've read of the Vibe, you have to buzz that engine to get any pep out of it, and I've had bad experience with VW dealer service.
You're doing great on mileage - a 5-speed? Hard to do that good with an auto.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Jun 2007, 02:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

congrats !! enjoy !!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 03:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

Hills are not so good in an automatic vs. a 5 speed. The cruiser will hopefully serve you well. despite all of the issues I have had with my cruiser, I stil love it very much. BTW.. welcome to the forums, I am the moderator here feel free to e-mail me at any time with any problems you may have.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 09:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

No disrespect to VW or Pontiac but they just down have the charm of a PT. I think you'll be happy with the decision you made. Aside from having a terrific car, you'll meet some terrific owners as well. At least that's been my experience. Congrats!!

2003 GT / Bright Silver Metallic / Bought New In 2003 / No Mods

http://www.myspace.com/irishshawneric