Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2007, 08:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default My 2006

So here's the deal. I went the other day and traded my gas guzzling Durango (5.9L) for a sweet little blue Cruiser. 2006, 5 speed, 12k miles. I absolutely LOVE this car!

Now the sad part. I noticed later that night that the air conditioner just wasn't getting cold. I figured that I just hadn't figured out how to turn it on yet. I was content to just listen to my Jimmy Buffet without the aid of conditioned air.

But then I got to thinking, I'm paying a lot of money for this little car, so by golly they are going to recharge this air conditioner at the dealership! So I called the salesman I bought it from (really great guy, looks like Bob Barker) and asked him if that was something that was covered in my deal. He put me on hold and came back to tell me that my Cruiser didn't have air! (I didn't even know they MADE cars without air conditioning!) Well I have two little kids ages 5 and 6 so while I may be able to cruise without air, I know they cannot. My salesman tells me to bring it back to the lot tomorrow (Monday) afternoon and he's going to put me in a brand-spankin new 2007!

The only problem? They don't have any blue. The only stick-shift they have is silver.

So anyway, I'm thinking about just asking them to put air in my blue cruiser, if that's a reasonable request. I'm sure some of you Cruiser guru's know one way or another. I'll post pics in a few days of whatever Cruiser I end up in. I'm just excited about this awesome little ride.

So hey, I'm BeachBum and I've become a Cruiserholic.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 08:05 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: My 2006

Welcome!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome !! i dont think they will put air in for you, or they might but holy crap!! i cant even think about how much they would charge let us know what you do good luck
Old 18 Jun 2007, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just got back. Bob Barker said that they don't put air in. Says it was a computer ordering error which resulted in it being airless to begin with.

So with that said, I drove home in a 2007 Bright Silver P/T Cruiser.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 04:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Congrats on your new ride. Smart man to get a 5 speed since PT auto trannies can be iffy, especially since in '06 DCX went with even cheaper auto trannies (40TE) in the non turbo models. In '06 the base model PT came without AC, cruise control and electric mirrors. They were all options so DCX could charge extra for them and make more money. Have fun with your new ride. What model is it?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Jun 2007, 04:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Uploaded pics to the gallery.

It's just a simple Cruiser. No Touring edition or anything like that. It's pretty much a base model, save for air conditioning. It didn't even come with floor mats or a shelf for the hatch.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Uploaded pics to the gallery.

It's just a simple Cruiser. No Touring edition or anything like that. It's pretty much a base model, save for air conditioning. It didn't even come with floor mats or a shelf for the hatch.
Still a great ride. I really enjoy driving my wife's '04 base model. It's great to cruise in. We've also owned two other PTs and for a few years were a two PT family. Now we are down to her '04 PT and my '05 SRT-4.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Jun 2007, 07:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Still a great ride. I really enjoy driving my wife's '04 base model. It's great to cruise in. We've also owned two other PTs and for a few years were a two PT family. Now we are down to her '04 PT and my '05 SRT-4.
Oh yeah, I love it. I'm a big guy and this was really a surprising little auto for me to get into. Really roomy and really fun to drive. I'm going to start chroming it out now and work on making it "my own."
Old 18 Jun 2007, 07:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey BeachBum!
If they say they would put you in a new 2007 with AC, that means they will want more $$. My suggestion is...if you want blue & air....
**Any dealership is in a network with other dealerships in a region or area. When I got my great buy late 2006, I told them what I wanted, and they came back with a list of what colors were available in in the state & region.
-And this was little ole' Kingfisher, Oklahoma!
Old 18 Jun 2007, 07:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Hey BeachBum!
If they say they would put you in a new 2007 with AC, that means they will want more $$. My suggestion is...if you want blue & air....
**Any dealership is in a network with other dealerships in a region or area. When I got my great buy late 2006, I told them what I wanted, and they came back with a list of what colors were available in in the state & region.
-And this was little ole' Kingfisher, Oklahoma!
The 2007 did indeed cost me more $, but it wasn't anything out of the ballpark that I was already willing to pay. I'm pretty satisfied with the deal overall. Still a bit irked that my new 2007 didn't come with floor mats.