LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2016, 12:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Replace Multifunction Switch w/fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 044400 View Post
LOL, ""What did HE do that for?"
Ha.

I hope I put them back on (the clips ) but I honestly can't remember.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 09:20 am
Young Cruiser

I went to the junk yard yesterday, and pulled a Multi-function switch from the only PT Cruiser in the yard with fog lights (a 2001 PT Cruiser Limited). The part number shows as a different number, but they matched identically otherwise. For $20 cash (and a hour and a half in the yard hunting/removing), it was in great shape so I took a chance it would resolve my Multi-switch issue.

I installed it when I got home, and woooola - a functioning set of lights (low and high beam), turn signals, emergency lights, and WOHOO....... fog lights with the fog light indicator lighting up on the cluster also. Problem RESOLVED.
dougs likes this.
E-4 USMC 1981-1988 - Motor T - Honorable
Old 22 Oct 2017, 01:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

2006 PT Cruiser Left hand (turn signals and lights) Multi-switch replacement. I thought I would pipe in here because I just changed my 2006 multi-switch. I started to follow KC's instructions and realized that those instructions must be for a different year model. Actually, the 2006 is much easier to change. It is best to have the column all the way up and the seat all the way back. There are the two Philips head screws on the bottom like KC describes, but there is also a third screw on the bottom in the middle. It is a torx, not sure what number, but pretty small. No screws on the top required to get the covers off. No need to mess around with the right side multi-switch or the ignition switch. The left side multi-switch is held in by a single Philips head screw that enters from the left and is parallel to the ground. Remove that screw and then slide the switch out far enough to clear the plastic guide on the column and then position it to remove the small harness from the back and the larger one from the right. Unit is clear and it only remains to install the new one by the reverse process. There is no little red tab to deal with on the 2006.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 04:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRick View Post
2006 PT Cruiser Left hand (turn signals and lights) Multi-switch replacement. I thought I would pipe in here because I just changed my 2006 multi-switch. I started to follow KC's instructions and realized that those instructions must be for a different year model. Actually, the 2006 is much easier to change. It is best to have the column all the way up and the seat all the way back. There are the two Philips head screws on the bottom like KC describes, but there is also a third screw on the bottom in the middle. It is a torx, not sure what number, but pretty small. No screws on the top required to get the covers off. No need to mess around with the right side multi-switch or the ignition switch. The left side multi-switch is held in by a single Philips head screw that enters from the left and is parallel to the ground. Remove that screw and then slide the switch out far enough to clear the plastic guide on the column and then position it to remove the small harness from the back and the larger one from the right. Unit is clear and it only remains to install the new one by the reverse process. There is no little red tab to deal with on the 2006.
Thanks for the info

This is the MFS, where I have placed the arrow is that where the single screw is that you said holds in the switch?

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 09 Nov 2017, 02:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

YES. That's it.
rckstein likes this.