PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replace Multifunction Switch w/fog lamps

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Dec 2010, 07:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Replace Multifunction Switch w/fog lamps

OK! Thanks...again Hopefully it will come on when I finally get the switch back in
BTW, I was playing with the front window switches last night, I just can't figure out HOW to get them apart Do you know?
Also, after looking at it from all angles I noticed that there is a tiny bulb soldered to the top of the pc board that looks like it's aimed right @ the little window icon, so there must be 3 bulbs in there??
I sure would like to get in there and get them working Any pointers?
Old 01 Dec 2010, 08:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't have the instructions anymore but if I remember correctly, yes, it's the bulb that's soldered in the middle of the board and a new one has to take it's place......I didn't say it was easy, just that it can be replaced.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 01:49 am
Young Cruiser

So I was thinking of getting the kit for fog lights from the dealer. $175 for everything for the 2005 base. I was wondering if the computer needs to be programmed for the fog lights because instructions I saw said it needs to be programmed. Can I use the fog lights without programming the computer if it does need to be done.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 01:55 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMATTr View Post
So I was thinking of getting the kit for fog lights from the dealer. $175 for everything for the 2005 base. I was wondering if the computer needs to be programmed for the fog lights because instructions I saw said it needs to be programmed. Can I use the fog lights without programming the computer if it does need to be done.
you can if you want to but you would have to wire the lights to a separate switch. the factory fog's have a switch along with the lights. if you wanted to go through the factory upgrade, you would have to buy the lights, a new switch and i think a relay. Then the dealer would have to program them. I'm gonna get me some factory fog's too but i'm gonna hook them up to a rocker switch with a blue LED.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 02:45 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkid1983 View Post
you can if you want to but you would have to wire the lights to a separate switch. the factory fog's have a switch along with the lights. if you wanted to go through the factory upgrade, you would have to buy the lights, a new switch and i think a relay. Then the dealer would have to program them. I'm gonna get me some factory fog's too but i'm gonna hook them up to a rocker switch with a blue LED.
So would it be better to buy the wiring harness at the dealer and a relay at like pepboys since I have a set of lights. Then just "hack" the wiring harness apart to hook it up to a switch on the dash like the rocker you mention.

It would suck to spend $100 to have the dealership program the computer because all they do is press 5 buttons.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 03:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

well when i get mine, i'm not gonna use any of the car's components. just straight wiring. lights - battery - rocker switch. i might throw a fuse in there somewhere but i gotta get the fog's first to see how i can get it done.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

When we had our 2002, I bought fog lamps set up from a Chrysler dealer, installed them, never had to program anything.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Feb 2011, 09:11 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
When we had our 2002, I bought fog lamps set up from a Chrysler dealer, installed them, never had to program anything.
nice. well since you guys are 1st gen then i guess you don't have to get them programed. idk
Old 15 Feb 2011, 11:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Today I went to the dealer and asked. He said that it does not need to be programmed. So I decided to order it. If it needs to be programmed I would take it back to them because they charged the guy in front of me $40 to program the computer for whatever he ordered.

Thats better than $100 from other dealers.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 01:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

That's good man, let us know how it works out.