Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TRADE: PT for CALIBER??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2007, 03:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default TRADE: PT for CALIBER??

Thinking of trading an 03 PT for a new 2.0 Caliber...MPG is listed at 26/30 and alot of the same utility of our PT's(worth it??) suggestions etc..
Old 12 Jul 2007, 04:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: TRADE: PT for CALIBER??

If you can handle the Caliber's looks (Somewhere between 'Almost as Ugly as an Aztek' and 'Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down') and can get used to the CVT (if you don't get a 5-speed), it is probably OK.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 12 Jul 2007, 07:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Interior is smaller than the PT. The PT has more utility to it. Not as many mods for it.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 12 Jul 2007, 08:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If your into speed, I just read in my latest Autoweek magazine that by the end of the year they are coming out with the Caliber SRT-4 with just under 300 hp and possible 4 wheel drive.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 04:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well,I've got subscriptions to quite a few Car and bike magazines.I read the same thing they are bring out an SRT version,but I also subscribe to Consumer Reports.They didnt give it a very good rating,and they did recommend the PT .That's one of the main reasons my wife bought me one.That and my lifted full size Blazer cost us about $200 a month in fuel.
I dont always agree with their opinion,but some other mags didnt sound to fond of it either.I would do a little research on it,before I jumped into buying one.They do have some neat features like a built in cooler in the glove or center box.Removeable overhead lights that can be used as aa flash light.They also have cup holders that have a lighted ring so you can see them in the dark.
I guess they have there ups and downs.Its all depends on your taste and what your looking for in a ride.
I think you can find alot lot of sites that will give you some info on them.Let us know what you did and what you think about it.
EASY.....
Old 15 Jul 2007, 07:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hi,,,Im not looking for speed just dependability and decent MPG,,,I had plenty of speed years ago..RoadRunners,Chargers,442,GTo ,,& I can & could of had a GT- Pt(very nice ) anyway just floating the idea out there since my PT had 50K miles and getting itchy,,who knows,,thanks for all ideas & thoughts!!
Old 15 Jul 2007, 11:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Go drive one. If you like and can turn a deal that works for you, go for it. Nobody else can make the decision but you.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-PT4 View Post
Go drive one. If you like and can turn a deal that works for you, go for it. Nobody else can make the decision but you.
Just what I was going to say.
Compare the 2.0 and 2.4 for cost and mileage... Drive both.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Jul 2007, 04:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

thanks for all your insight gang...have 50k now If i new I could go to 150k trouble free,,I'd keep cruising,respond with thought thanks MJB
Old 16 Jul 2007, 10:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
thanks for all your insight gang...have 50k now If i new I could go to 150k trouble free,,I'd keep cruising,respond with thought thanks MJB
See this thread for an owner with 150k trouble free miles.